Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Ive got a burned out headlight bulb on my Gen 4 and was wondering which new one I should be grabbing off the rack when I go into Canadian Tire. Which would be the closest to the original bulb that's in my car now? Thanks.

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
97-99 Get H4 or 9003 - Sylvania XtraVision and Philips Vision Plus are the best.
00-01 Get HB4 or 9006 Sylvania XtraVision
Avoid those that have blue coating on the capsule or anything that says Xenon. Cheap stuff will burn out quick and very gimmicky.

Just replace both. The one that isn't burned out will be burned out shortly. Sometimes you can get a 2 pack for slightly less than two individual bulbs purchased separately. But stick with the ones I mentioned above - those are your best bet.

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
^I'll save a few bucks and get the XtraVisions. Same bulb underneath but without the blue coating - more light on the road. The only coating I would want ona bulb is perhaps light yellow for rainy/foggy conditions

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
funny how my 20 dollar ebay fake hid bulbs are still working just fine after all this time. Heck i even turn on my headlights when they arent needed and they still arent burnt out! I'm pretty impressed with em.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ah crap.... I should've buy the Xtravision rather than Silverstars.... sigh...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what do you think

I've got a 98 4cyl Camry and was in Walmart today . They've got Philips bulbs that say 9003 H4 Standard on the package. It doesn't say Halogen anywhere on the package. Anyone know if these would be any good, because they're only $8.47 CAN.?

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
All 9003 / H4 bulbs are halogen.
If they have Philips Vision Plus or Philips Premium, those are a bit better , but the standard bulbs will work just fine. If they have long life bulbs, be aware that they can last up to twice as long, but they are usually dimmer than the regular bulbs by about 3-10%.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts