Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of Venza limited only had it for a day now, and started to noticed a burning rubber smell coming through the ventilation when slowing down to a stop, and while stopped. The smell seems to get stronger the longer while stopped. While the car is in motion, the smell the dissipates and we don't really notice it after driving for a bit. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I thought it might might be the smell of something breaking in, but wanted to see if anyone else noticed this before I contact the dealership? If so, did it go away on it's own, or did you guys take it in to get inspected and whether any issues were identified? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2021 Venza XLE
15 Posts
A lot of new cars have a smell, it usually will go away after a couple of days depending on driving etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lot of new cars have a smell, it usually will go away after a couple of days depending on driving etc.
Thanks for your reply. For sure, I appreciate that the interior of the car will have a "new car" smell as the various materials off gassing like the seating material, the plastics, etc..., but this is coming in through the ventilation specifically when slowing down, or coming to a complete stop. It's not a smell that is constantly there, or there when I first get into the vehicle and start it.

·
Registered
2021 Venza XLE
15 Posts
Sorry, I should have been specific. A burning smell from under the vehicle is common when new. If you have fresh air open it can come in the HVAC.

·
Registered
216 Posts
It's a new vehicle - if you have ANY concern, take it right to the dealer. You will never get more attention than the first few days off the lot. Even your salesperson and manager will get involved if they have to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts