Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... not too sure how many would be interested or wheather or not it would work, but here goes. I have an idea. I am seriously thinking about getting my importer/exporter wholesaler lisence specifically to aquire car parts from Japan for the Import market. I have a friend who speaks fluent Japanese and has a few contacts in Japan in the car industry. What i want to guage is what kind of base i would have if i do something like this.

The other question was - Who would be interested in parts from over here - If i do get a wholesalers lisence... Coz we get alot more imports, and other bits over here. eg: 1G-G(T)E engine, Headers for 4A F&G heads as well as the 3S, 7M and 1-2JZ heads - and heaps of aftermarket support for them.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
I hope you know what you are getting into. A buisness is very time consuming and it is hard work!

Be prepared to have no free time until your buisness has gotten off the ground.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
YOU MEAN AN OPTION RATHER THAN GOING TO A DEALERSHIP!!!! WOOOOO.... I'd buy stuff from you ;).

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CamNub: I know what a business involves... I'm a Freelance Graphic Designer in my spare time, and still juggle two other jobs just to make a living. I'm not scared by hard work..

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
thespud said:
CamNub: I know what a business involves... I'm a Freelance Graphic Designer in my spare time, and still juggle two other jobs just to make a living. I'm not scared by hard work..
K. I just wanted you to know. Cause when i started parting out this mazda 626 i was like Easy money right? Its a lot of work getting all the correct parts and actually getting them out.

Would these parts be new or used? And where would they be from?

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both. Some directly from the Japanese Dealerships, some from the Japanese Aftermarket Industry, Aussie Aftermarket Industry and any other sources.

Of course all Engines and Clips that are rare/cant be found in North America would be used. Any others, i will try my hardest to get new, if not near new.

It would basically just be everything in one place.

·
Registered
92 Corolla Sedan
145 Posts
i would be down man there is a lot of stuff over there for the AE92 corolla Sedans and Levins that i need to get my hands on

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Do you guys see where he's from and where you guys are from?!?! Shipping costs will be OUTRAGOUS. You can order from the states. It would be cheaper.

*common sense* :rolleyes:

Sorry Spud. I don't want to shit on your parade. It sounds like a good venture. Good Luck.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^ Tis all good... Negative feedback is important. I know that shipping would be expensive, its just a matter of who would actually pay for it, because like ratboycom said... AE92 parts aint rare here - i dunno if they are there. Just a thought really.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts