Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on ConsumerReports.org that the ride in the Corolla can get a bit busy on the highway.

Just how busy IS the ride? Is it barely noticable, tolerable, or just plain obnoxious?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

- pleBa

·
Registered
188 Posts
i have a 2004 corolla..and it rides nice...but waht exactly is "busy"??:confused:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I guess that means not much grunt when you've got a tall leggy red head next to you and a couple of buxom blondes in the back seat. Not to mention that frisky brunnette sitting on your lap!:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Busy meaning you have to readjust the steering wheel frequently to keep the car in the lane.

But nevermind, I drove a Corolla yesterday, and wasn't keen on it. I liked the Scion tC better.

Thanks anyway.

- pleBa

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
they're only shit to drive if the alignment is off(incl. too hard springs, you get bounce steer), tire pressures are wrong, or you have the wrong wheel/tire combo on the car.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I guess that means not much grunt when you've got a tall leggy red head next to you and a couple of buxom blondes in the back seat. Not to mention that frisky brunnette sitting on your lap!
daaamn, if i could get busy like that in my rolla i'd never leave it!:D

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
BigIdeas said:
Busy meaning you have to readjust the steering wheel frequently to keep the car in the lane.

But nevermind, I drove a Corolla yesterday, and wasn't keen on it. I liked the Scion tC better.

Thanks anyway.

- pleBa

Ew Scion. Ew tC! That shit is weak for a 2.4L car.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've never heard of a Corolla that wouldn't keep to its lane on the road????? It mustn't have been looked after or had botchy tires on it. Might have also been in a accident and the front end was out! Corollas are renouned for the way they steer and sit on the road. Maybe a Ford or a GM would be a better car for you! That way we'll all be able to laugh at you when we see you getting towed! :lol:

·
Registered
102 Posts
80mph and a 60mph cross wind....gee that would be interesting...thought about strapping a set of wings to your ride....you just might end up in Japan!

·
1 4/\/\ +3|-| |\|00|3
273 Posts
i didnt mean 60 MPG crosswind, i meant going 60-70 with wind is ok, but after that your on your own

yeah i swear i almost 'flew'. it was on the way to the san diego meet on the 15 freeway, where nobody in the 3rd lane goes under 70 and then theres this freacking GEO thats swerving all over behind me so im kinda flooring it to keep from getting hit. Yeah, still got 31 MPG too hiting 80 mostly staying around 65-70 with a/c on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dougone said:
Maybe a Ford or a GM would be a better car for you! That way we'll all be able to laugh at you when we see you getting towed! :lol:
LOL, d!ckhead.

I read it in a review by ConsumerReports. Of course, those guys notice sh!t that I would never even think to look for.

To the guy who said ew to the Scion. Hey, it worked for me. For the price, it's a kick ass little car.

- pleBa

1 - 14 of 14 Posts