Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am thinking buying a high mileage 2001 Sequoia Limited with 155k miles. Timing belt was done around 142k miles. It test drove the car I looks good. The asking price is $7000. The interior is in good shape. I did however noticed few things: When I was at a stop light, just before the light turned green, the car did a sudden jump or move. Another thing, when I started the car from the owner's house, the car was ticking a little bit and stopped when it warmed up. Everything else works. The owner is looking for $7000.
Please let me know about your advice or suggestions on this car. Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought our 2001 SR5 with 146K for $8K. The previous owner had pretty good service records (overpaying some non-Toyota shop for a lot of the work). I probably put in about another $2K for peace of mind (new tires, upgraded TRD leather interior, new seatbelt, misc interior pieces). I've been satisfied, 'cept for the VSC/Trac Off lights staying on, which I haven't had a chance to reset yet.

Not sure about the sudden jump, but the ticking might be related to a crack in the exhaust manifold (can't recall manifold or steering?, do a search). Or it could be a venting hose came loose (check the top of the intake manifold) which had caused my truck to tick until I had reattached it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts