Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Camry's currently have a $2000 cashback deal. Was just $2500 recently around Thxgiving time. I could buy now, or wait til end of December. But is it realistic to really expect Camry to drop significantly more? $2000 cashback sounds pretty good, but is it always true that end of month/year brings better deals?

Hope to join yall Gen7 owners soon :)

·
Registered
4Runner & Fusion
974 Posts
In my area all offers expire 12-5-16. Toyota has the midsize sales crown won for 2016, so I wouldn't expect a better rebate. Sometimes the end of the month will get you a better deal, but you have to shop multiple dealers to make it happen.

·
Photojournalist
2012 Camry LE
1,812 Posts
In my area all offers expire 12-5-16. Toyota has the midsize sales crown won for 2016, so I wouldn't expect a better rebate. Sometimes the end of the month will get you a better deal, but you have to shop multiple dealers to make it happen.
Bonuses are monthly sales. You need a place with a hungry sales Manager. He approves the extra cuts.
Hard line! Cash back issues YOURS, not theirs to lower what you pay.
Be an ass. When they ask where you work, etc., they are trying to qualify you.

I had a friend that walked in to buy a $50K 5th wheel truck he had researched. When the guy started he said, I can afford the truck and I don't want to become your friend. Just give me your best price. I have been three places. The one that calls me with the lowest price wins.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

·
straight cash homie
22,136 Posts
I would think Toyota will have a new promotion the day after. Doubt they'll end the year just like that; dealers won't know until they get the memo from their Toyota region on what they'll be getting right before the current promo finishes (May be extended or something else).

The OP needs to know that Camry sales are down, and that dealers should be begging him to buy the car, not the other way around.

http://www.autotrader.com/car-tips/buying-a-new-car-whens-the-best-time-211343

·
Registered
4Runner & Fusion
974 Posts
I would think Toyota will have a new promotion the day after. Doubt they'll end the year just like that; dealers won't know until they get the memo from their Toyota region on what they'll be getting right before the current promo finishes (May be extended or something else).

The OP needs to know that Camry sales are down, and that dealers should be begging him to buy the car, not the other way around.

http://www.autotrader.com/car-tips/buying-a-new-car-whens-the-best-time-211343

Of course there will be a new promotion, but will it be $2000? With Toyota having the 2016 sales crown and most other midsize cars only seeing a $1000 on the hood, I'd expect the rebate to go down.

·
straight cash homie
22,136 Posts
If you can, I would wait until after the Detroit Auto Show and release of the 8th gen and see what's up.

Market may be flooded with good deals on 7.5ers
And most dealers still have plenty of XSE V6s like yours (model 2550), especially the bigger ones that get better allocation as they probably have sat longer on the lots.

·
New Toyota fan
94 Posts
The best time to buy a new car is when the next years models come out... They will then try to sell the previous years models at lower prices. My 2016 Camry SE Hybrid stickered for $32,260 and I got it at $26,500 plus all taxes and license fees...

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Camry V6 XLE
1,254 Posts
If buying at the end of the year, the color and/or trim level that you want are very diffecult to find, especially last year models. I usually find that at the end of the year ... mostly top of the line or base model are laying around to be sold. The popular trims and colors are all being purchased.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Camry's currently have a $2000 cashback deal. Was just $2500 recently around Thxgiving time. I could buy now, or wait til end of December. But is it realistic to really expect Camry to drop significantly more? $2000 cashback sounds pretty good, but is it always true that end of month/year brings better deals?

Hope to join yall Gen7 owners soon :)
I don't know where you are, but my mom's sister in Warwick bought a 2016 SE 3 weeks ago for $4000 off. No trade in, Balise Toyota of Warwick.
$2000 is nothing, after 2014-15 Camry's don't hold their value as good as before so you need to be smart when buying a new one.

·
straight cash homie
22,136 Posts
I don't know where you are, but my mom's sister in Warwick bought a 2016 SE 3 weeks ago for $4000 off. No trade in, Balise Toyota of Warwick.
$2000 is nothing, after 2014-15 Camry's don't hold their value as good as before so you need to be smart when buying a new one.
Was going to say, $2000 and still $2-3K the dealer still has in his pocket. Most new cars average about $4-5K off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup went up to $2500 off, matching the Thanksgiving/Black Friday time deal.

I was dumb enough to buy right in the middle between the ThxG/BF $2500 off and the December $2500 off, so I only got the $2000 off rebate... still got a good price tho, $18500 on a 2017 SE, happy with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.