Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
New Toyota fan
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a silver 2016 Camry Hybrid SE in November... While I like the car, I really wish Toyota had the Hybrid in a XSE model. I like the blind spot mirrors, lane change alert, cross camera alert and the Homelink features which the SE does not have.

Unfortunately, the XSE is not available in a Hybrid model. Now that I have had the car a couple of months, I should have gotten the V6 XSE in Ruby Red that was available back then for $26,000 (all the red SEs were sold out). While I would be paying $50/month more for fuel, I will be retiring at the end of the year. After that, my driving will be drastically curtailed and the gas usage would be moot.

Oh well...

·
Official PITA
'05 Solara 'Vert & '07 ES350
1,209 Posts
Well, you could always sell that car to me (cheap, LOL),
and get the one you now want, or, better yet, if/as/when
gas prices go up, your car will bring a very nice premium,
and the same year V6 Camrys will be cheap as dirt.

·
User FKA Frodo??
31 Posts
I bought a silver 2016 Camry Hybrid SE in November... While I like the car, I really wish Toyota had the Hybrid in a XSE model. I like the blind spot mirrors, lane change alert, cross camera alert and the Homelink features which the SE does not have.

Unfortunately, the XSE is not available in a Hybrid model. Now that I have had the car a couple of months, I should have gotten the V6 XSE in Ruby Red that was available back then for $26,000 (all the red SEs were sold out). While I would be paying $50/month more for fuel, I will be retiring at the end of the year. After that, my driving will be drastically curtailed and the gas usage would be moot.

Oh well...
Homelink should be relatively easy to add - there are kits that install in the sun visor. There are also sellers on e-bay that can get you the module and the trim pieces to allow a easy retrofit.

When I was shopping last year, I had a similar dilemma with the Toyota packaging of features - one item that was a 'must have' in FL was rear a/c vents, available only on the XLE. For me, a Camry with a sunroof is a no-go - I do appreciate Toyota's slightly higher hip point - but that it results in crap headroom with a sunroof. When I was shopping, the was no availability of XLE without the sunroof within 300 miles - or without other pricey add-ons. I ended up going with a Fusion hybrid with fewregrets. While I did like the notably quicker acceleration of the TCH, I like the sligtly better fuel economy, ride and handling compromise, and styling of the FFH. Some of recent Toyota stylists must have been studying at the Timothy Leary school of reality. Or just watched a few too many Godzilla movies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts