·
Registered
1997 Toyota Corolla
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I gotta throw in my 2 cents here cuz this is the exact same one I wwas looking into buying. I have looked all over and cannot find a CAI that fits my 95 corolla 1.8 7AFE. I wanted to get a K&N performance intake but they dont seem ta make one for my model. We need info from everyone here who has CAI or performance intake in general, I know many pepole here on this site got em on their cars cuz they post pics all the time, so please give us some info. I have ta get rid of that black, dirty air box under the hood :naughty:

·
Owner of much Obsolete
1986 Corolla GT-S
2,286 Posts

·
Holding Off 20th AE GTI's
1994 Toyota Corolla
209 Posts
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-0502

That's the one K&N lists for the 1.6L, I doubt there would be any problem putting it on the 1.8L, since on the factory setup, every single part of the intake is identical between the 1.6 and 1.8.

Jeff
That is a nice quality intake I have to say, but $253? (from K&N) A bit too pricey for a simple Corolla. I'd get the Vibrant one for $78 and use the change for a header, or at least to pay for some of the header.

·
Holding Off 20th AE GTI's
1994 Toyota Corolla
209 Posts
where does the Vibrant one's filter end up at? under the battery? around it somehow?
Hmmm. Now that I look at it (my desktop is my engine bay:D) the Vibrant Intake does look too long to fit properly.

·
7AFTE's are fun
1994 Corolla LE
309 Posts
It's way cheaper to buy some piping and couplers and just make your own. However, on my setup my battery is in the back, so I just cut a hole for the pipe to go through. That setup is long gone though. :lol:

Another thing you can do, is buy 3 ebay SRIs, put them together and you can run them to a "colder" spot.

·
Registered
1997 Toyota Corolla
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
follow the CAI guide at 6gc.net, our engine bays are laid out nearly the same. the guide should work more or less the same for the corolla.
I got my cold air intake in the mail saturday. I have a mechanic friend installing it later this week. Its a lot shorter than I was expecting from the look of the picture. It definately does not match the picture. Normally im a do-it-your-selfer but when it comes to my car engine im not going to F*** with it. Knowing me, ill probably mess it up.

That reminds me, Besides exhaust, which I wont be putting on becuase I refuse to look like a rice 'tard, What other performance mods can I do to my engine?

In the future im thinking of upgrading from my stock tires to 17" low pros with rims.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.