Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey sorry if this has been addressed before but I couldn't find any relatively recent threads via the search or via google to address this so if anything hopefully this could help future users.

I'm currently looking at buying a very low mileage 2014 TAH. Quick Basics:

Mileage: 14,xxx
Location: It was purchased and spent all of its life in central Ohio

It's a coworker's wife's car who is no longer driving and they drove it very sparingly over the years. Currently it has 14,xxx on the clock. In terms of vehicle condition everything is stellar (yet to get under the car for a once over but not anticipating it being an issue) however I've never owned a hybrid and wasn't sure if that low of usage would be detrimental to the battery/hybrid system in general or it may be something I should take a pass on.

As an aside price wise he's loosely talked about mid 17's or so (while its not a concours car its about as clean as a used car could be).

Any and all advice and input is greatly appreciated!

·
6,618 Posts
You need to check hybrid battery state of charge. There are several apps that will do this for you on smart phone.

That's about it.
price wise, look up local craiglsist, private seller. I could find only few high mileage ones local to me. 17 sounds like a steal deal to me, but I always haggle for every penny.

·
Semper73
2019 Avalon Hybrid L
17 Posts
Would like to hear your opinion of the apps you talked about. The only one I saw was Dr. Prius / Dr. Hybrid with mixed reviews.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts