Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'93 T-100
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of selling my T-100. After i do that i'm gonna use the money to buy a lifted '89 p/u. The truck hasnt been run for 3 years and needs a new fuel pump. Since the truck has been sitting so long, what things do i need to replace? I'm assuming the battery and oil+filter? What else?

If anyone has any pictures of their 89 or suggestions for mine please let me know.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Cap, rotor, plugs, drain and refill with good fuel, check vacuum lines for any cracks, oil change, fresh battery, clean air filter, coolant flush. other than that you should be good, it should start right up.

·
New Toyota Owner
1990 Toyota Pickup
87 Posts
I would check the thing for rust! Secondly as Ajones said drain the tank, and also check for rust in the gas tank, quick way to kill it 1/2 mile away if your fuel filter gets clogged. Tap the air cleaner clean, or blow it out with a compressed air. Check all fluids. And buy a little chilton book.

·
Not a Pre-runner
1,654 Posts
i would put a squirt of MMO down each spark plug hole before you start it just to help things to move again. also check the brake fluid before you take it for drive.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
i would put a squirt of MMO down each spark plug hole before you start it just to help things to move again. also check the brake fluid before you take it for drive.

^^^^^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.