Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mighty Flying Family Sedn
Camry
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried a search but couldn't find anything...

now i need to purchase new brake pads for my 03 camry and i wanted to know if i should get ceramic brake pads or just the regular OEM? i don't know the differences so if anyone can explain i'd greatly appreciate it.

also any good places to purchase?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The harder the pad the longer it will last. Unfortunately, as Newton figured out, for every action, there is an equal but opposite reaction. The rotors will wear out faster. Pads are cheaper than rotors.
You might want to think about changing your driving habits. You shouldn't go through pads that fast. There should be another year left on those pads atleast.It's only an '03?

·
Camry
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i've been driving around for abt 30k miles.... isn't this usually the time check/replace pads?

well i definately noticed the price difference b/t ceramic and OEM pads.... i guess i'll stick w/ OEM's.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
Mighty~Mart said:
well i've been driving around for abt 30k miles.... isn't this usually the time check/replace pads?

well i definately noticed the price difference b/t ceramic and OEM pads.... i guess i'll stick w/ OEM's.
part # for bendix pads are d908 the same pads are used on 2002 model camrys

Friction Master CMX908
Ceramic Brake Pad
2 Year Replacement Warranty $48.88

these are what i have on my car and they are worth every penny.

go to http://www.partsamerica.com/SelectP...=PartTypes&SearchFor=Brake+Pad+/+Shoes,+Front

and take your pic of front pads that fit your car but the ones i posted are easier to get and you can buy the at advance auto parts

·
Camry
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
WoW thans 2wickedtoyz... all the places i've looked for ceramic are at least $80

thx fer the [email protected]!

I just purchased the ceramic pads from them and it came out to $55.85!~

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
:lol: i figured it would help. they tend to not tell you about shit like that. i went behind the counter and looked around a bit and found similarities between the two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts