Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was reading treads on here most are about which are better. well what i want to know is where can i BUY them at. i suck at searching this interweb thing and i live in old people town so they mostly dont change their brakes there self.

well now i'm looking for ceramic rear disk brakes for a 96 v6 cam. i was looking at a nifty set of drilled rotors as well i want to get in a month or so as well. also while there couldnt find anything but semi-metalic rear brakes on the ebay.....

:wiggle:

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
tirerack

Im using these and have about 40k miles of hard braking and they are only 50% worn. I do however have larger rotors, which probably helped them last that long.

·
40x40 pixels is crap !
357 Posts
i would suggest powerslot rotors for your rotors, everyone that i know that has had x-drilled rotors around the drilling has started to crack... powerslotting lasts way longer plus they zinc-coat their brakes so they dont rust and cause squeaky brake noises

·
Registered
30 Posts
Go to napa's website and buy the cheaper organics. The ceramix are just a waste of money. Ceramix are also known for making more noise.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
^ Organics on a camry will last around 10k. Ceramics are known for not making noise/squeeling. The dealer pads are only 45 bucks. The akebonos are 60. Brakes are one of the most important things on your car, don't skimp on cheapo brakes.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Dont waste your money on expensive rear brakes. Buy anything with stopping power. You hardly use your rear brakes (Only 20%). You can chage your front breaks twice before you have to change your rear brakes once.

Im using ceramic in the front and semi-metallic in the back. My brakes have been working fine (Knock on wood). No noise at all.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
^ he is right tho, your rear brakes are only used about 18% to be excate normally. Most people change their rears around 70-80k miles. I'm running napa truestops semi-metallics in the front with Napa Rotors as well. Something you might wanna invest in is a brake hardware kit. I hate trouble putting my pads in because of the build up so yea,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts