Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I'm new to this forum as of this morning and I am looking for some good ( and quick) information.

I have had a couple of Mazda 3s, for the last 3 years, primarily due to fuel prices. I drive 500 miles round trip to my cabin in northern MN every weekend, so I drive alot and it get's expensive. The Mazdas have been absolutely rock solid as far as reliability. Mileage has been between 32-38mpg depending on the conditions. My main motivation to trade is the fact that the Mazda is a manual and although my wife told me she would learn to drive it, I'm tired of trying to actually get her to do so ( 3 years of trying!), so I'm looking at trading to something else with an auto. Also, I would like to get a slightly more "fun" car if possible.

Yesterday, we were driving through the dealer lots and found a 2007 Solara, auto, 4 cyl., hard top. It only has 7200 miles and is spotless. the price is also right where I want to be. About $15K

So, a couple of questions:

1. Anything I need to look out for in the 07s?
2. I'm assuming that reliablity is typical Toyota?
3. What kind of MPG? I need to get around 30 on the highway.
4. How do they go in the snow? ( I live in MN)
5. I normally don't like the 4cyl autos, due to the lack of power and continual up/down shifting. How is the 4 cyl?
6. Anything else I should know?

I think we are going to drive it tonight or tomorrow.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? I have spent a ton of time seaching and am not coming up with answers.

There must be someone on the board that can chime in here?

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I'd like to be able to help you, but I actually just bought a new '08 last night. So far, from what I can tell, it appears to be a great car.

We used to have a 2004 Chrysler Sebring Convertible and I really loved that car and have been kicking myself for a year now for selling it. Nice solid ride with either the top up or down.

This Solara appears to be pretty much the same from what I've been able to tell so far.

It has that larger car feel to it as to where the new Sebrings are much smaller and good luck fitting anyone in the back. The Solara has good leg room in the rear as well.

Good luck with your endeavors!

·
Registered
4 Posts
2007 Solara

I just purchased a 2007 Solara Sport. After owning small cars for years, this was a big step up for me. Min is the Sport package with the 3.3li V-6, automatic, power everything and a moon roof. I love the handling and the feel of the car. Because it's bigger than my last car, i have had to get used to backing up. But I love the ride. It an great running car that looks sharpe. I get questions about it all the time. Best of all, with the V-6, i am getting about 24 mpg in town driving( mostly freeway). Haven't taken it on a long trip yet. I did do research on Consumer Reports and they have it as a best buy for a used car. I think you will enjoy that purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts