Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Pickup 4WD
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, this just started happening. I have the truck in my signature, and whenever I go to turn on the left turn signal, instead of turning on, it just makes this awful buzzing noise, doesn't blink the light, and no light comes on outside the vehicle. Is this the relay? The right signal works like a champ.

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
sounds like the flasher has gone bad. i believe the flashers are down by the fuse panel up behind the kick panel. you should have two one for left and one for right. when i saw your post listed as buzzer i thought you were talking about the key in ignition with door open buzzer. i was gonna reply and say i just stabbed the shit out of mine with a screw driver untill it stoped buzzing lol.:headbang: :bash:

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
mine does it too but not all the time.. i dotn think its burnt out.. It still flashes..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Subliminaltrips,
The door buzzer you stabbed to death, where did you find it
I can hear mine, but I'll be damned if I can find it
If you could tell me where it is, you'd save me a pile of $ in therapy
Thanks

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
dude you can take the door buzzer out and cut the wire..
it is the lil plastic thing towards the indside front of the sill of the door...its white i think... just unbolt it and clip the wire.. BUT... if you do that your light wont come on when you open the door..

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
If it's a light buzzer and it won't blink, there is either a short in the wire, no bulb in the socket, its the wrong type bulb, or the connector in the wiring harness is unplugged. ALSO on the turn signals, after a while it seems that they have a connection problem, ie the metal prong touching the bulb. What you might need to do is take the bulb out bend the metal prong outward then reinsert the bulb. If that doesn't fix it, then is one of the above reasons or a fuse.

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
Oh and on the door buzzer thing, instead of unhooking it, just find the relay open it up and take out the parts that make the buzzer buzz. That way it doesn't buzz, and the light still comes on.

·
Registered
1989 Pickup 4WD
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude, Mushroom_Toy... you were almost exactly right. The problem was corrosion, I took out all the bulbs, all the way around, and cleaned them. Put dielectric grease on them and reinstalled them. Everything works now. Thanks for the help guys.:clap::whatwhat:

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
Lol, why didn't I think of corrosion. XD The same sort of thinigs happened to me when I first got my truck, so I know how a lot of it works now. XD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts