Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a 1992 Toyota Camry which has some sort factory security system installed... i've read it's probably fujitsu.

I don't have the remote for the car, which is apparently needed to activate/deactivate and program the alarm system. If I enter the car without turning it on.. or even just open and close a door the alarm goes off... this is very annoying. i took a look at the unit which is under the driver's side seat and it has what looks to be a reset button, and a 15/30 second switch. switching it to 30 seconds gives me a bit more time but still does not solve the problem.

also, i read that you can activate "valet" mode by turning the key to ACC and holding down the valet switch located next to the parking brake... supposedly in valet mode the alarm is deactivated. I did this and it does NOT appear to work. also, the led on that switch is broken so there's no telling if the switch itself even works.

If I unplug the unit altogether then obviously the car won't turn on and all sorts of things cease to work.

What I'd REALLY love to do is remove & bypass the thing altogether. can anoyone help me with this? I'm guessing that if i knew which wires to twist together that i could get everything to work without this annoying and presumably broken alarm system.

I've searched everywhere for a wiring schematic for the security system with no luck. please somebody help!

thanks

billy

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Have you actually TRIED pulling the alarm ECU yet? Depending on the system, that can usually take care of all your problems.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You don't have to pull it completely out, but unplug the main connector to the ECU and just let it hang. As Lynch has noted in some previous posts, however, this may result in a no-start condition. You'll just have to try it and see what happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes

oh , sorry i thought i had made that clear... Yes, I've done that. The car won't start if it's unplugged.

If I unplug the unit altogether then obviously the car won't turn on and all sorts of things cease to work.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Okay. It probably has a starter disabling setup. Take a look at this...

See how the one wire has to be split? That's what allows the starter to be disabled. Yes, this is a wiring diagram I did for a remote start install, but it should be the same with or without a remote start. :) That wire is going to have to be reconnected. It's usually right in the steering column. Remove the lower dashboard and the cover behind the steering wheel, and you should be able to find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts