Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...thfinder_2010_toyota_4runner-comparison_tests

Quote [On Jeep Cherokee]:

"An airy interior of piped leather and genuine timber trim, with a high button count, is an order of magnitude more posh than that of the other trucks here. Is it only $1585 more than our ancient Pathfinder? It looks about $20,000 more (and weighs 565 pounds more). You get a load of niceties for the extra cash, including a power tailgate, parking sensors, a power tilting-and-telescoping steering wheel, and adaptive cruise control. "

:chug:

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,632 Posts
Reading their review, it seems that they would all go for the 4Runner if true hardcore off-roading was what they were going for.

·
Registered
1986 Toyota Cressida
4,512 Posts
I'm surprised they like the Cherokee interior...maybe the higher trim level is better than the Laredo. I personally didn't find the Laredo's interior to be all that good, significantly better than the old Grand Cherokee yes, but an interior to write home about...no. I guess its good that the new Grand Cherokee seems to be returning to the days of the older one, I remember my uncle's Grand Cherokee was actually nice inside.

·
Save The Manuals
1999 Avalon XLS
1,837 Posts
I'd rather have a 4Runner. Better looking, and probably better quality than a Grand Cherokee. But that interior of the Cherokee is very nice. :thumbsup:

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
Chryslers 5.7L is slower than Toyotas 3.5L :lol::facepalm:
You guys are easily entertained! :lol:

I have owned several Jeeps, and I like the looks of the GC but I would not buy one due to Chrysler's horrible record of spotty reliability.

That said... The 4Runner is OK (dull styling abounds) but the interior is very cheap looking.

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
well, because its a truck interior and not a car cabin (GC)
Not a very valid argument. The days of people buying these to use for extreme off roading are long gone. These are cars pure and simple. Toyota simply hasn't kept up in the interior design/quality department. I expected rather cheap in my xB but if I'm spending 40K plus for a new vehicle I expect something more than Echo plastic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts