Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on some of the C/F Dash Kit on today and wanted to share (I did not finish). What do you guys think?

I originally painted the interior blue, so when I put the C/F dash kit on, some of the blue showed. I thought it kinda looked cool.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
The carbon fiber is hot. The blue doesn't look bad to me, but i think it would look better if it was a darker blue or black.

·
Layd Customs
94 Yota 2WD
419 Posts
Looks good....i agree that the blue needs to be a lil darker...

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Man I want a CF Dash Kit.

Looks Good bro(Except for the blue:) )

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
yeah it was also on there before the cf went on, which with dark grey wouldve looked ...ok i suppose.

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
the blue looksnice through the c/f...nice job...id get that dash kit if it wasnt 100 bucks

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
MysticAngel04 said:
I like the CF, I'd get one but I think I'm calling it quits on my Cam. Just get rid of the blue and then it'll look better. :thumbup:
You sound like me when I almost bought an MR2. Don't call it quits, you have a very Clean Camry and you get much props from me on that:)

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
thanks for the replies guys.

When I first started working on the blue for my car, i bought the can and thought it was going to be darker. Well, for those who know and don't know, if you paint a color on top of another then that color will be affected. Well, when i tested the paint out at the store, it was on black and i thought it would come out dark since the stock grey was a bit dark. Well, after I finished and the paint dried, it came out to be much lighter. oh well.

I might go back in later and redo some of the blue with either free hand paint or airbrush. we'll see.

Oh, MysticAngel04, don't quit on your car! that'll be the worst decision you'll make. Besides, your car looks sexy:D

·
Registered
440 Posts
Porkch0p220 said:
give him a brake on the blue... its his taste his car...
He asked for opinions, noones being mean to him, just giving him honest opinions. That's much better than lying to someone when you think a mod they did was lame...

·
Registered
338 Posts
i do like the blue, but I dont really like the carbon fiber on top of the blue. the dash kit looks a bit like that vinyl tape and not real carbon fiber

1 - 20 of 23 Posts