Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Corolla
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a Vibrant cold air intake for my 97 corolla.. it came with the intake tube, the boot, the air temp grommet and the filter, but there's a second hole on the new tube that protrudes about an inch and is about a 1/4in. wide.. theres no hole like this on the old intake and airbox, can i just close it up with a grommet? also its missing a mounting bracket and the directions does anyone have pics of their cai so i can see how its done?

·
Registered
398 Posts
return for credit!

·
Official TN Toaster
2000 Celica GT-S
623 Posts
That tube is the breather... but the breather on these Corollas is on the intake plenum. Personally, I lost the little cap that went over it so I just bought a breather filter that's technically for the crank case one and threw it on there. You don't really need a mounting bracket if it's tight enough on the throttle body.

·
Only GOD Knows
Toyota Corolla
1,969 Posts
Just to add to this, CAI is cold air intake. Which would bring the filter down near the front bumper. Vibrant makes a short ram air intake. Not quite the same thing. But people call it that all the time. No big deal, but just so you know the difference

1 - 5 of 5 Posts