Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the difference between California Emissions & Non-California emissions sensors & cat converters? If I have a CA-emissions car and put in non-CA emissions parts and sensors, will they work? Is the ECM set up differently for the two configurations .

I plan on driving my car into the ground and I live on the other side of the country, so having said that, will putting in the wrong emissions type sensors & cat cause my car to malfunction?

·
Registered
Ford
101 Posts
Depends on the parts I suppose. I believe that the CA cars have entirely different ignitions in some instances. For example, on a 94 4 cylinder, the CA cars have an external coild with the non-CA cars havve a coil that is internal to the distributor. No swapping those out unitnteionally. If the parts are different, they will probably be flagged at the parts store. Will using the non-CA parts screw something up?? My "guess" is that it's damned likely it would but it's only theory at this point. If you put the non-CA parts on we will get to find out if I am right. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.