Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Official TN user
95 Camry V6 LE
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CAI installed(pics)Update(sound clip)!!!!

Hey guys,

Yesterday I finally installed my CAI, took me about 2 hours but was totally worth it in the end. After taking it for a test drive I noticed a tiny increase in throttle response and performance but its nothing compared to a turbo.:lol: However, I love it and the sound it makes is amazing. Anyway here are some pics and I will try and post a sound clip tomorrow as it is 8 degrees right now. I also wanted to thank everyone who helped me out with this mod as it is my first engine mod.

Thanks guys,

Also when I first start it up their is a loud whistling coming from the filter, but after the engine warms up it quiets down. Is this normal, or do I need a new filter because this one is used.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I was in a rush and forgot about show & share.

·
Registered
07 XLE Camry
1,299 Posts
that looks great man!!
can wait to start on mine
hows it sound/ feel?
i didnt know the aem came in white i thought it was only red blue and chrome

Tuner571 said:
Hey guys,

Yesterday I finally installed my CAI, took me about 2 hours but was totally worth it in the end. After taking it for a test drive I noticed a tiny increase in throttle response and performance but its nothing compared to a turbo.:lol: However, I love it and the sound it makes is amazing. Anyway here are some pics and I will try and post a sound clip tomorrow as it is 8 degrees right now. I also wanted to thank everyone who helped me out with this mod as it is my first engine mod.

Thanks guys,

Also when I first start it up their is a loud whistling coming from the filter, but after the engine warms up it quiets down. Is this normal, or do I need a new filter because this one is used.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I was in a rush and forgot about show & share.

·
kor-ro-ra?
97 Corolla 1.8L 5spd
3,287 Posts
Hey, great job man can you get a video up for us? Clean install!

·
Official TN user
95 Camry V6 LE
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it isnt really white but silver, does look white though. Anyway I love the sound it makes under acceleration. "Feel" wise it is nothing amazing but their is definitely a difference from having a stock airbox.

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
whistle is fine. its jsut the air being sucked through the filter. its louder on cold starts because its sucking more air.

looks good congrats

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
Great job! I did a quick 5 min thing on mine and just attached the cone to the end of the intake pipe, but its not that big of a deal.

As for the whistle, I hear the same thing on mine.

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
good work, your engine bay looks really clean for winter!:eek:

·
Registered
09 Camry SE V6
1,574 Posts
lucky i wish they made one for the gen 4

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
awesome. mmm AEM yummy.

haha you should get a nicer looking battery once this one wears down. Although i think i may have the duralast gold too but newer with the yellow top. haha

i love high cold cranking amps and extra power storage so i can sit around listening to my radio for ages.

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
yeah theyre right, a good looking battery combined with that aem sticker would put you at at least 300 whp :lol:

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
^on how to use paypal to buy a CAI? :lol: j/k

1 - 19 of 19 Posts