Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2.5" mandrel bent tubing and the K&N X-Stream flow (RX-4950) cone filter.

I haven't really gotten to drive much with it (just home from my father's, with a full load in the car) but even then I think I noticed a bit more pep.

I can certainly say that I at least didn't lose anything and it's A LOT louder.
I'll drive around maybe a bit tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help on the intake, everyone. :)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Louder how? In a good or bad way?

I don't know what a CAI 'sounds' like.

·
TRD Guy
588 Posts
looks really nice :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
hey crawlingeye where did you place your filter? is it just beyond the piping in the picture? or does it curve downwards?

·
Street-Cruiser
458 Posts
I'm almost certain that it bends down and that his filter is in the fender..... Mainly because there isnt enough room behind the battery there for him to have a filter, and because that's what a real CAI is......
By the way, nice job on the custom CAI crawlingeye. Looks very clean and nice :)

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, everyone.
And yes, to solve the mystery, it does curve down in the fender, the filter's actually rather low in the fender as well.

I went for a bit of a drive (just to the store) on my own and can certainly say that I think it gained some definite power up top and a bit even down low.

I'm not claiming anything like 20whp, but I will say that there is a difference in power, or so my butt-dyno says.

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kenratboy said:
Louder how? In a good or bad way?

I don't know what a CAI 'sounds' like.
A very nice low pitched yell. Imagine pissing a huge elephant off, that's the noise I'm getting, at like 4k RPM.

At 6k it's just all the better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts