Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys know why the trd superchrger says it doesn't work with the trd cai and if the brands don't mix could i use the aem cai with the trd charger?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
because the SC changes the place where the TB is. Thus, none of the piping would fit, not matter what brand it is.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
if you want a cai with the sc, just make your own :)

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
the "cai" on the mr2 for now will probably simply be a filter on the piping to the s/c with no engine lid....... i'm pretty sure the ae101 intercooler won't clear the engine lid, so it'll stay off for now :D

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Thomas, what about the scoops on the side. Is there any way to incorporate those into intake? If you can get your hands on a Honda DC intake box, it's round so you could stuff a K&N or something in there, then route it to the scoop.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
well... the plan later on is to go with a trunk mounted intercooler.... with a nice hole in the trunk, a decent sized fan on it pushing air downward and an air scoop (backwards) on the trunk lid... i've seen it done on a sw20 and thought it was a cool idea.... i don't care what people think of it..... then that will make a LOT more room for any sort of intake i want..... be it a sidevent or make a cai that pulls air from the bottom..... i also removed the battery tray (to make me put the battery up front... and it was the only rusted part on the car) so there will be tons of room over there

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Who cares about a cai when you have a SC, I mean the air charge is heated by the SC to much higher levels than a CAI would cool it anyhow.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
well... it'd be nice if i could pull air in that's away from the supercharger itself...... that would only make things hotter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts