Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
training N00bie
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm don't own a caldina... I own the engine though.

But still.. where do you guys get parts for your rides? Stealership? Web? Ebay?

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
Which engine designation is it? And which model Toyota do you have it in?

I believe the first gen Caldina was available with the 5E-FE, 4S-FE, 7A-FE I4, 3S-FE, 3S-GE, 2C I4 diesel, 2C-T Turbodiesel and the 3C-E diesel while the second gen was offered with the 7A-FE, 3S-FE, 3S-GE, 3S-GTE, 2C-T Turbodiesel, 3C-TE Turbodiesel.

Depending on which one you have there are many places you can purchase performance parts.

·
training N00bie
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just last night I was thinking I should've said which engine I have...

I got the 3S-GTE and it's going to be mounted on a rav4. Probably in about 2 or 3 weeks. I still need to sort out some electrical issues with the ECU before the actual swap takes place.

I'm not going to rebuild the engine at this moment other than a new oil pump and a set of ACL bearings, but I know I'll probably do so when I get more money.

Any suggestions on something special for this engine?

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
Man, there's a ton that can be done to that engine! Is your Rav all/four wheel drive?

Do some research in our MR2 and Celica forums, those cars both came with the 3S-GTE option from the factory. There are also quite a few people who have swapped the 3S-GTE into gen3 Camrys, Corollas of various years, as well as other model MR2s and Celicas. ...and I know off the top of my head of one Starlet with a 3S-GTE swap.

·
training N00bie
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this one is from the wikipedia article about the car:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2002_Toyota_Caldina_02.jpg

Grill is kind of odd, but overall the car is really nice.

@BLUEMANIE

Nice Scion you have there... I wished toyota had them here in Costa Rica... I might import one though.. hehe

Btw, my car is not AWD... it's 5speed FWD. I'm thinking about buying a celica drivetrain and converting it to a "four legged" as we call it in spanish. It's already been lowered 2" with H&R springs...

·
training N00bie
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I'm happy to announce that engine arrived to Costa Rica.. I'ts on a warehouse right now but I'll transfer it this saturday to my house :clap:

I'll keep you guys posted about this proyect ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know where fuel cut is on the 3sgte powered caldina? As in I know on the sw20 MR2 it is around 12psi on the stock ecu without modification. The later "Gen3" 3sgte was up around 18psi I think. But the Caldina 3sgte "Gen4" I have no idea. Could anyone point me in the right direction on that information?

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Does anyone know where fuel cut is on the 3sgte powered caldina? As in I know on the sw20 MR2 it is around 12psi on the stock ecu without modification. The later "Gen3" 3sgte was up around 18psi I think. But the Caldina 3sgte "Gen4" I have no idea. Could anyone point me in the right direction on that information?
A late reply but just noticed this question since somebody else replied to this thread. My brother owns a 1998 Caldina GT-T (Gen4) with a 3S-GTE engine and the factory fuel cut is around 19psi. He has since upgraded to a Mines ECU so the factory fuel cut etc is now gone, but that's what it was when the car was completely standard :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
1 Posts
struts for 2004 toyota caldina GT4

Guys i am new to the forum. Can anyone help me to locate front struts and rear wheel bearings for my 2004 GT4? The car is in Jamaica.

·
3SGTE MR2 SPYDER
2000 MR2 SPYDER
1 Posts
I'm looking for a place to buy Caldina motor parts also. I have the gen 4 3sgte mounted in a 2000 mr2 spyder

1 - 18 of 18 Posts