Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! New to ToyotaNation and damn glad to be here! :grin: I've looked around the forums, but I can't seem to find an answer to this question. I have a 1MZ-FE CAL motor from a 1997 Camry XLE that I want to put into my wife's 2000 Sienna XLE, which originally had a 1MZ-FE USA motor. Is this worth doing? Is there somewhere I can get a complete list of everything else I would need from the donor Camry to make this work? If I swapped the heads and intake/exhaust manifolds, could I make the CAL motor into a USA motor? Should I just look for another USA motor? I have no issues with swapping motors and trannys and such, but all this emissions/computer stuff starts to make me nervous. :yikes: This is my wife's daily driver, so it's gotta be dependable afterwards. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Tom

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I don't know about the 1MZ-FE, but for the 2.2L 5SFE, the Cali motor had heated O2 sensor, air assisted fuel injectors, and an extra Cat. Again, I don't know for sure, but I suspect the 1MZ of the same generation would have similar differences.

If you want to just use the bare long block and swap over all the accessories and wiring, this might work - you might have to do that due to swapping into a different car anyway. Just check to make sure the Fed injectors will fit into the Cali head.

You gotta figure out for yourself if it's worth it for you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
1st of all, it is very important to know when you 2000 sienna was built. It will determine if this is doable or not, late build cars used a very different setup than early.

If you have an early federal 2000 sienna, the engine will totally swap, but you have to make some mods. Swap the injectors, remove the EGR block plate, swap the intakes, swap the manifolds off the top of my head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts