Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 camry 5spd dlx
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just left the station, I'm new to this but is it normal for a 34 yr old car to be drastically below the average?
Really I'm just super happy it passed legally on its own.
Sorry I've been mia for all my gen 1 ppl, if you ever need me don't hesitate to dm me, I haven't had time to browse TN much with work.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,274 Posts
If the engine is in good shape and has been through its life, yes - very normal. Those are difficult "ifs" to meet though.

For reference, my 3s-gte Alltrac passes tailpipe emissions with a single high-flow cat well away from the engine... (above the average numbers, but it still makes it! But hey, that engine is only 25 years old :grin:)

-Charlie

·
Registered
85 camry 5spd dlx
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well besides this car being stolen before I bought it, they also burned up a starter and alt, I've done a ton of wire repair to make it more OEM, and the yards of vacuum tube I bought helped the evap test.
I did have a code like 2 weeks ago, code 6 no ignition signal. Left me scratching my head, so I swapped in a different ignition switch I had, paid it no mind, until I had to check codes on a 91 Honda, decided what better time to check mine to, get code 1 status norm.
On a side note I might have time for my backyard project cars lol, at this point I'd take either one, this auto is killing me

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts