Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am going to tackle my brake issue soon. I am afraid I may have to replace my front calipers. My car is a daily driver, with the ocassional hard drving on the weekends, so I do not need super performance racing pads and whatnot (or do I?). However, I would like a slight upgrade from stock. I am looking for a little bit more braking power, but most of all, long life, no dust, no noise.

If I need to replace my calipers,

1. What kind of calipers should I get and why?

2. Where can I order them? (I read threads with links but many of the popular ones sell only rotors n pads)

3. I plan on going Full-ceramic on my pads, maybe Akebono or Hawk. Is this a good idea for what I want? I read it is, but just double checking.

4. I am thinking of going to TireRack and ordering the Brembo replacement rotors if I need them, are those ideal for what I am looking for?

Thanks to any and all who have the patience to look at all of this and reply.

Thx. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,073 Posts
You should have the Akebono Pro ACT pads already (OEM) and the dealer will sell you the same ones in a toyota parts box.

As for rotors... best value are the Brembo blanks with no slot/holes... as far as I know, the slots or holes are cut in by another source.

Raybestos, they have some severe duty pads and rotors. The slots/vanes and holes are put in at their manufacturing facility. you may need to reference parts specified for the Sienna van or Highlander.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my eyes keep diverting to the Akebono calipers on rock autos site. They are pricey tho and I am wondering if they are too much for what I am doing?

Thx for the reply.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link. Funny, I called Rock A and the rep gave me no help what so ever. I basically asked what made the Akebonos so much btter than the Raybestos they sell and I received nothing specific. Lol. Oh well.

I'll probably go with the Akebonos only coz I was gonna go with their pads anyway, but before I do I'll probably do a comparison from the info on both sites.

Thx.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts