Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
no. no one cares about the camry, even though it's one of the most popular cars on the road.

sorry, maybe next life.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
You have two factory options: Upgrade to the larger Camry TRD dual-piston fronts, or the even larger Highlander dual-piston fronts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You have two factory options: Upgrade to the larger Camry TRD dual-piston fronts, or the even larger Highlander dual-piston fronts.
Do you have a link on the highlander front brake upgrade? This is something I would like to look into.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Do you have a link on the highlander front brake upgrade? This is something I would like to look into.
Supposedly the Highlander front calipers and rotors are a direct swap. If you have the normal rear parking brake (not the electronic one on the X models) the rears may be a direct swap too. I was given PNs 47750-0e031 and 47730-0e031 for the front calipers.

EDIT: You can't use the Highlander front rotors, they will not fit. You can use the Camry TRD front rotors and the Highlander/RX front calipers, supposedly. I don't know of any upgrade options for the rear, but most of your stopping power is coming from the front brakes anyway.

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
45 Posts
Supposedly the Highlander front calipers and rotors are a direct swap. If you have the normal rear parking brake (not the electronic one on the X models) the rears may be a direct swap too. I was given PNs 47750-0e031 and 47730-0e031 for the front calipers.
FYI

Those caliper numbers are for the 2016-19 Highlander (and 2016-20 Sienna). The 2020-21 Highlander front caliper numbers are 47750-0E070 / 47730-0E070.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
FYI

Those caliper numbers are for the 2016-19 Highlander (and 2016-20 Sienna). The 2020-21 Highlander front caliper numbers are 47750-0E070 / 47730-0E070.
I was told the older ones are the ones to use. They came on the Sienna/Highlander and some Lexus RX models. I actually just picked them up this week and will report back with the results when I get around to attempting the install.

Also, I just found out that you cannot use the Highlander rotors, you need to use the Camry TRD rotors. I updated my other comment.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was told the older ones are the ones to use. They came on the Sienna/Highlander and some Lexus RX models. I actually just picked them up this week and will report back with the results when I get around to attempting the install.

Also, I just found out that you cannot use the Highlander rotors, you need to use the Camry TRD rotors. I updated my other comment.
Please do let us know if this is a direct swap. Very interested in doing this. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts