Toyota Nation Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Toyota/Scion Salesperson
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the situation. I want to tint the windows in my car but am not sure what its going to look like and I am also considering exactly how to handle my HID Situation.

Here is where you come in.

If you could post a pic of your car with tints and tell me what % they were done with that would be awesome.

Also as far as the headlihts...I either wanna do HID's to my stockers or get the black ones with the ccfl halo's on them with HID. So again if you have a pic with your car with either setup that would be sweet too.

Ideally the picture would be of a Barcelona (3r3) Red Camry SE with H&R Springs, Tints, and HID's. But I will take any of them alone or together.

Thank you all sooooo much in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
More pics??????

Tint and HID threads are a dime a dozen............spend a little time and SEARCH.

·
Toyota/Scion Salesperson
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx 510.

And NJERALD I couldn't find a single Barcelona Red Camry with the Black Projectors.

Unless I am retarded.

G

·
not my car, here u go

this is with Tein drop, black housing HID, yellow fog, that all i know about this car( he isnt here anymore)

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
Please check the pics thread that is stickied. Everything you're asking about has been covered a billion times over.

Thank you

·
Registered
09 Camry
552 Posts
I used to have 25% on my 07 Camry because it's the "lightest" tint that won't let people see inside the car.

My new Camry has 30% tint so people see me just barely inside. Decided to go 30% because I was stopped a few times in Boston with the 25%. I'm there half the year.

If I wasn't so paranoid I would've gotten 25% again because I just love the shade of it.

·
Slip-Slap in my Camry
@007 camry se v6
861 Posts
this is for you, and living in new your i see you are limited very limited:
HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN NEW YORK?
Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In New York, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.
• Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 6 inches of the windshield.
• Front Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
• Back Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
• Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

you can only go to 70% that is horrible well good luck with that

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,233 Posts
Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In New York, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.
• Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 6 inches of the windshield.

I'm in NYC and regardless of what the law states being able to get 70%, people have lower than 30%. I have 30% and never pulled over (only once but was let go. cops thought I was a racer). Friends that I know have 20% and never run into any problems. NY is not as strict when it comes to tints

·
Toyota/Scion Salesperson
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im not worried about getting pulled over....thats what PBA cards and relatives on the force are for!!!!

·
Go camry goooooo
5,108 Posts
I'm in NYC and regardless of what the law states being able to get 70%, people have lower than 30%. I have 30% and never pulled over (only once but was let go. cops thought I was a racer). Friends that I know have 20% and never run into any problems. NY is not as strict when it comes to tints
i dunno where you drive but ny is mad strict. Ive gotten numerous tickets and almost everyone I known has also. but you gotta pay to play

·
Slip-Slap in my Camry
@007 camry se v6
861 Posts
Im not worried about getting pulled over....thats what PBA cards and relatives on the force are for!!!!
then if this is the case the darker the better black complemets really well on the red color and especially since you said you had the se which most likely means the black leather interior i say go as dark as you can

·
Registered
09 Camry
552 Posts

The law is the law, but most cops pull you over if they CAN'T see inside the car. Which is why most people ask around for what tint is good if you wanna play it 'safe'.

Never a problem in Philly for me though luckily. Truly unfortunate that people get tickets even for 35% tint in New York. That's ludicrous!

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,233 Posts
i dunno where you drive but ny is mad strict. Ive gotten numerous tickets and almost everyone I known has also. but you gotta pay to play
You know I'm in LI often. I'm not too far from Lou when I'm in Brentwood/Deer Park and all surrounding areas. I live in Queens and never had a problem. I work in Westbury and never had a problem

Randy has 20% and I havent heard him mention of any problems. I got my sister 30% on her new 2010 Matrix and no problem for her either. I know people who has 20-30% and no problems either.
lol right, i got 35% thinking I wouldnt have probs since so many people dont have problems... had it less than a month and BAM ticket.
It must be your driving that gives it away. LOL.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.