Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI~!

I RECENTLY PURCHASED THE EIBACH SPRINGS FOR MY 2001 CAMRY I4 AND WAS WONDERING IF I NEED TO INSTALL CAMBER KIT AS WELL...
THE SPRINGS WILL LOWER ABOUT 1.2 INCHES ALL AROUND...

WHAT I WAS TOLD WAS THAT LOWERING 1.2INCHES IS NO BIG DEAL AND 4WHEEL ALIGNMENT WILL FIX THE PROBLEM.
IS THAT TRUE?:confused:

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
yup...no need for a camber kit :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Eye8Pussies said:
yup...no need for a camber kit :thumbup:
id have to disagree.. i have the eibach prokits on my 97.. inner tires were worn to the thread even with an alignment..

im hoping my not replacing the struts woulda caused this but i dunno really.. im gettin a camber kit installed when we put in the kyb's in january....

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
^ there's probably something else wrong with your suspension then...especially if you're only using the eibach prokit which has the smallest drop out of all the springs available

·
The Greek....
96 Camry
1,471 Posts
Trdkamuri510 said:
i have the eibach prokits on my 97.. inner tires were worn to the thread even with an alignment..

^seriously??, i really dont think that youll need a camber kit, 1.2 inches is not that much of a drop to severely affect the camber....

Eye8Pussies said:
^ there's probably something else wrong with your suspension then...especially if you're only using the eibach prokit which has the smallest drop out of all the springs available
:werd:

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Eibach's generally on our cars drop it very conservatively. Essentially if your current struts are great, then your new springs should be able to accomodate the struts as well (i'm on trd+stock struts for the past 28K miles, and still going strong). You don't need a camber kit unless you had a problem with you suspension to being with. I'd just go to firestone and get their lifetime alignment warranty, thats what i have for my lowered cars. I take it every 6 months and its a piece of mind.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
^ wow....I wish we had that over here in canada.....I don't think we do...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts