Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

As most of you know I'm riding on an H&R and Tokico Setup right now. But I'm swapping out the H&R's. I have new springs that will hopefully get here tomorrow(I ordered them 3 weeks ago from E-bay):mad:

Anyway, since my Camry has been lowered with the H&R's I noticed that the aliment was alittle off. But when I put on my 18" rims and tires it has been giving me a hard time. At high speeds(55+mph) my steering wheel starts to shake and the car heavily pulls to the right. The Front tires aren't wearing evenly and when I brake the car heavily pulls to the right(The wheel sometimes jerks to the right:eek: ) Well, I plan on getting my aliment done after the new lowering springs get put in but Do you think it's my camber that has something to do with why I'm having these problems?

Please Help because I am really getting pissed off
Thanks

·
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks Allen, no I don't think they are.
Should I get my Camber ajusted though seems how I'm dropping the car more? The new springs I'm getting are rated to drop my car 1.8" but will probably drop my car a little more then that

·
Grenaded piston
6,584 Posts
Rapeacivic said:
Should I get my Camber ajusted though seems how I'm dropping the car more? The new springs I'm getting are rated to drop my car 1.8" but will probably drop my car a little more then that
I would install the new springs and see how it goes.

But, definitely have the alignment checked out. It sounds like your toe in/out is off.

http://www.ingallseng.com/cars/toyota.html

·
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Allen and 88LE:)
I will have my alignment done after I put in the new springs. I just have to find a shop that's willing to do the alignment on a lowered car

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
88 LE Got any information on how to adjust the caster on a camry, specifically a gen4 v6? My toe is fine, camber is fine, there no radial pull, and my psi would be equal and it pulls left. On a mustang you can notch out the top strut mount bolt holes to get some caster adjusment. Do you know if this can be done to a camry? My caster shows on the spec sheet that it should pull to the left and it does.

·
Grenaded piston
6,584 Posts
trdcamry2003 said:
88 LE Got any information on how to adjust the caster on a camry, specifically a gen4 v6?

On a mustang you can notch out the top strut mount bolt holes to get some caster adjusment. Do you know if this can be done to a camry?
Hmm... Never heard of notching out the holes.

You can buy camber / caster plates, but I don't know if they exist for a Camry or not.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Rapeacivic,

Does your car have any damage? It may have happened when you were not there...so..a slight chassis/control arm tweak, etc.

When you first put your HR's on, did you get aligned soon after?
Your tires could be causing this, did you try rotation?

Worn bushings and mounts also create problems.

Hope you find the cure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts