Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Just quick question:

I replaced air filter near gas pedal. Is there another one because air fiter package include two. I replaced upper one and there wasnt more.

·
Premium Member
1993 Camry SE,V6-5MT
398 Posts
If the '97 (Gen4) is anything like the Gen3, the upper filter in your photo goes in, and then gets pushed up as far as it can go, then the lower one in your photo slides in below it.

On my Gen3, it is a little fussy getting the upper one all of the way up and in, as until it is the lower one won't go.

N

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just changed mine, one year in our roads is good change interval for cabin filter.
But some sure go by that filter, its not that well seamed, like in march when road start to be bare and people still driving with stud tires.
Man that amount of dust hovering around

·
Registered
253 Posts
The 3rd and 4th Gens are not fitted from the factory with cabin filters. However you can install I believe a Lexus ES300 cabin filter from the same time frame, in both the 3rd and 4th Gen Camry's. US guysnad gals in installs fro the driver's side in the middle of the dash.

I've had one fitted to my 3rd Gen but haven't gotten around to it in my 4th. There is info on the filter in the stickies and yes it is a two section filter like shown previously in this thread. Top goes in first and then the lower. I would suggest that anyone who wants to do this clean out your evap box as best you can (e.g. vaccum, compressed air, evap cleaner and evap disinfectant) to get the best performance out of both your evap and heater core before installing the cabin filter. And for those that are curious, I experienced no appreciable decrease in the amount of air forced over the evap or heater core when I had the filter fitted in my 3rd Gen.

·
short-throw dipstick
5,941 Posts
Does anyone know if a 99 Camry XLE has a cabin air filter?
I previously owned a 98 Camry V6 XLE, and I don't recall it having a cabin filter. I sold it in 2009. 98 and 99 are same generation.
The 3rd and 4th Gens are not fitted from the factory with cabin filters. However you can install I believe a Lexus ES300 cabin filter from the same time frame, in both the 3rd and 4th Gen Camry's. US guysnad gals in installs fro the driver's side in the middle of the dash.

I've had one fitted to my 3rd Gen but haven't gotten around to it in my 4th. There is info on the filter in the stickies and yes it is a two section filter like shown previously in this thread. Top goes in first and then the lower. I would suggest that anyone who wants to do this clean out your evap box as best you can (e.g. vaccum, compressed air, evap cleaner and evap disinfectant) to get the best performance out of both your evap and heater core before installing the cabin filter. And for those that are curious, I experienced no appreciable decrease in the amount of air forced over the evap or heater core when I had the filter fitted in my 3rd Gen.
Only on gen3 as far as US-market cars go. gen4 doesn't have the door, and nobody has yet checked if the cavity is behind the molded panel in the HVAC piping (AFAIK).

I think gen4 outside of US still had the CAF cavity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts