Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I have been having this weird code popping up and going away for several months now, I have changed the thermostat twice and I have changed coolant temperature sensors it just won't go away. I also have rough idle from time to time, I have cleaned my IAC valve and valve itself seems to work fine. I am always warming up my car before driving so it can be ruled out. Can this problem be caused by a faulty o2 sensor?

Camry 2001 2.2 gallery edition

·
short-throw dipstick
6,246 Posts
P0125 is defined differently from the standard OBDII definition for our cars. It's a problem with your upstream O2 sensor, change that out for a Denso, clear codes, and it shouldn't come back. Has nothing to do with the ECT sensor or thermostat on our cars (but definitely could be on other cars which use the standard P0125 definition).

Reactions: RomanCamry25

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P0125 is defined differently from the standard OBDII definition for our cars. It's a problem with your upstream O2 sensor, change that out for a Denso, clear codes, and it shouldn't come back. Has nothing to do with the ECT sensor or thermostat on our cars (but definitely could be on other cars which use the standard P0125 definition).
That's what I thought because I bought a cheap upstream sensor. But I am still not sure if rough idle is caused by the sensor. Is there anyway to diagnose it? Should I just drive with the sensor unpluged and see if rough idle disappears?

·
short-throw dipstick
6,246 Posts
Solve the P0125 first by replacing the upstream sensor with a genuine Denso (check RockAuto). Eliminate variables.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts