Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a Camry 2011 LE (US) and it is giving me this problem for last few weeks. The doors lock fine with the key fob and the lock button on the doors however only driver side door unlocks when i try to unlock it.

The car does not has any starting problem and it still does not work when the car is started and moving. I have even tried a friend's battery to double check if its a battery issue but it does not seems like its that problem since my car starts just fine.

I have been searching on the internet for the problem and read somewhere it could be a Relay problem and i was able to find two relays in the fuse box. But I just don't know if its legit to try replacing the Relay and if yes which relay control doors.

I do not have deep pockets at this point of time to try to toyota mechanics and get a bill of hundreds of dollars so i am trying to fix the problem myself

Any tips or advices are greatly appreciated. Please help

Thanks,

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
In the owners manual, you can program it to unlock all the doors, or just hit the unlock button twice on the keyfob, and they'll all unlock.

Do you have the keyless entry where you put your hand on the door handle and it unlocks? If so, the manual should have a way to reprogram so all doors unlock, or go to the pass side to unlock, touch the handle and all doors will unlock from the pass side.

It's a safety feature, if you're alone, so only the drivers side opens and the rest stay locked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. unfortunately thats not my issue. I am already aware of twice hitting the button. It used to work just fine and it has just stopped working now and it does not unlocks any doors but driver side. So there seems to be a malfunction somewhere in the unlocking mechanism.

·
Registered
1986 Toyota Pickup
1,690 Posts
Maybe a crazy idea, but how about disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes. Maybe it will reset the system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts