Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car's AC has stopped cooling, I turned it ON today after a long time as the weather has just started to become warm. Got disappointed when it didn't cool as it used to be. Also, the car is not that old :( Camry 2013 Altise.

The AC light turns ON (solid ON), temp knob set to cold, air intake selected as internal for quickest cooling, still did not throw cold air after being turned ON for like 20 or so minutes.

I noticed NO difference in sound when I opened the hood and turned ON AC. Hence, I am assuming the AC compressor is not turning ON.

Please advise as I am unable to locate concerned AC relay for my model. I googled a lot and fairly confident that for 6th gen camrys , it is MC-GLT. But what is it in 7th gen camrys, please advise.

Attached are the fuse box diagrams of my Camry.

[/LIST]

Attachments

·
Photojournalist
1,795 Posts
Have you had it checked for refill if it leaked?

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Hook up gauges and test pressures - confirm there IS actually refrigerant still in the system.

Possible a rock through the lower grille took out the AC condenser, or there's a leak elsewhere, or it's an electrical fault.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont have gauges and I would have to take it to repair shop. I am wondering can I rule out the issue of AC relay at minimum. I have seen youtube video where horn relay is temporarily placed in MG-CLT/AC relay and AC starts to work. Can I try the same to see if compressor kicks in?

Please help me in finding AC relay location in camry 2013. My first post here has the photos of fuse/relay hood box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone please??

I am wondering if they have removed AC relays in 7th generation camry altogether :persevere:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem!!!!
The actual relay positions are different than what is on the cover which are also different than what is in the manual.

Any toyota guys out there?

·
Registered
443 Posts
toyota's ac system is very reliable. if its not running then there may be a leak. a rock hit the condenser on my old corolla and there was an ac leak. i replaced it and went to an ac station to have it vacuumed and refilled. it has been fine since for many years now. check and clean your condenser to see if there are any oil spots.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
i had almost similar issue in my 2014 camry after a long journey i had to end up replacing the compressor its probably your flow sensor malfunction that is attached to the compressor and ur ac system might have the b1479 error code

here is my thread my journey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts