Toyota Nation Forum banner

Camry 2018 Fog Lights (Supposedly OEM)

144K views 426 replies 99 participants last post by  carefreed 
#1 · (Edited)
#13 ·
Sure did had it inspected for install and it fits. The LED's, you only screw in 3 out of the 4 and it holds it perfectly.

Waiting for another high beam button from Toyota so I can have the fog lights attached to my row of buttons as the one they give you is way too rectangle.

#17 ·
I installed my fog lights, and they are Fully LED fog lights.. good output as well!

Attachments

#19 ·
No not really.. if you unbolt the fender liners you can installed everything without jacking the car up or removing the bumper.. I’ll admit it’s a tight working space.. probably worked for me due to me being a smaller sized guy.. but install is easy if you know what you’re doing...

#26 ·
New question...How does the "panoramic monitor" switch work? Does it push on and then push off or do you have to hold it down? It shows up as only 10$ on my parts site versus the 64$ auto high beam switch soooo....if it works the same then that is a cheap option until a real switch fits right? AND since I don't have said panoramic option on mine it would look different enough as well.

#27 ·
I bought these and just recently installed them. The mechanical install was pretty easy, i unclipped the bottom cover and lifted the car a bit to work in there.

1. It did not come with instructions or screws, I used some regular screws I had around. 3 of the 4 mounting points were used.

2. The switch it comes with is generic and does not fit the car at all.

3. I tapped into the RIGHT HEADLAMP Relay, to power the relay for these lights, this is not my first install and coincidentally my car starter blew out the next day, the lights were working perfectly, not sure if this had anything to do with it. but im curious where is everyone else tapping into to power the lights?

4. The lights are LED and match the Headlights perfectly.

#29 ·
Could you please show pictures of how they are wired? Are they Plug and Play? Do your headlights have to be on, or can you have only the fog lights on. Thank you in advance
These are plug and play. Depending on the way you wire the fog lamps, you can have them turn on independently, or when you have your headlamps on.

For those of you that installed the fog lamps, how much clearance do you have from the passenger fog lamp heat sink to the washer reservoir sensor connector?

#30 ·
FYI, the actual fog lights are these Toyota/Lexus part numbers:

81210-48051

and

81220-48051

NOTE: These are the same fog lights used for about every Toyota and Lexus vehicle from what I could see. (They replace the 81210-48050 and 81220-48050, which are used on many vehicles as well, the newer version has the chrome trim above and below making it a slight rectangle and are LED instead of halogen bulb. So you can order those lights, a generic wiring kit (or make your own which I ended up doing anyway), and the bezels on eBay.

#33 ·
I did some testing of the factory switches and none of them will provide you with 12v to the relay to “turn on” the fog lights. The circuit boards inside only provides a low number of volts, around 6V . The switches are not designed to provide a typical on/off function, they only provide a signal to a “computer”.

I wired the main power wire for the fog lights to my “hot nut”, inside the fuse box and signal wire to my driver’s side indicator light.

#34 ·
Alright guys... I just received my DRL fog lights with the kit (generic wiring kit w/ the rectangular switch). I'm trying to make a video from setting up the fog lights and answering EVERYONE questions. So, I need some help guys. I need to see pictures of how to properly hook up the fog lights from those that did it. AND hoe did you guys solve the problem with the switch? Because I try to hook the wiring from the kit to the Camry auto high beam switch and it didn't fit... Please reply!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.