Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are so many things wrong with this Camry I purchased last September I could write
several pages. But the big thing in the past three months is the windows. In December at
6 degrees ( car was 4 months old) the drivers side wouldn't go all the way up. So I worked with
it when I got home from a chilly ride and the rubber seal had lowered with the window. I keep
the car very clean so there was no debris. The toyota dealership replaced
the rubber around that window. The others I noticed rolled up and down in a jerking way. So I told
them that. They said they would reorder and replace the rubber around the other three window.
Today I went there and the service manager said they couldn't make the windows do that so
couldn't replace the rubber. So on the way home they were jerking as I raised and lowered the windows.
The seats are horribly uncomfortable and the wiper blades were warped. They did replace those today.
And I have mentioned from 1000 miles that something smelled like oil burning when I stop the car.
This is our 20th Camry. I'll never buy another Toyota.

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,679 Posts
Wait, so you've had nineteen positive experiences verses one negative one, and you're going to swear off Toyota completely? Try your luck with A Chrysler, Ford, or GM product. No car is perfect. That said, it seems like you've had many, many years of positive experiences with Toyota. Toyota still makes some of the most reliable, long-lasting cars on the road. There's a reason why you see more Camrys on the road from the early 2000s compared to Chevys, Fords, and Chrysler products. It's because Toyota generally makes much better cars than they do. If you purchased your Camry new last fall, you still have a warranty. Use it.

Or if you hate your car, trade it in and buy something else.

In regards to your window complaint, if it happens again, take a video of it so that the dealer can't give you the line about not being able to replicate the problem.

You should have noticed the uncomfortable seats during a test drive, that's not Toyota's fault nor does it make the car unreliable.

Smell burning oil? Take it in an ask them to investigate. If the dealer says that they can't find a problem, take it to another dealer or an independent mechanic for diagnosis.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
3,940 Posts
Camry is a highly produced car. One out of 1000 camry will unfortunately have hiccups and issues. Ford, 1 out of 100 car will have hiccups and issues. You have a better chance with a toyota.

The window problem.. it should all be fixed under the warranty. If doesn't get fixed the first time, fix it again and again until you hit that lemon law and the dealer will have to buy the car back.

The seats... i believe they made the seats firmer because of safety. Though i might be wrong. You should of noticed it after a week of driving and either have the dealer buy it back or trade it in so you wouldn't lose money on it. I find the seats just fine. Not comfortable but not uncomfortable. I sat in a new Nissian Altima, those seats are so soft and after a 400 mike drive, they got extremely uncomfortable. Then again i can lay on my houses wooded floors for hours. So i like firm/hard seats. Makes you sit up straight.

·
Registered
729 Posts
There are so many things wrong with this Camry I purchased last September I could write
several pages. But the big thing in the past three months is the windows. In December at
6 degrees ( car was 4 months old) the drivers side wouldn't go all the way up. So I worked with
it when I got home from a chilly ride and the rubber seal had lowered with the window. I keep
the car very clean so there was no debris. The toyota dealership replaced
the rubber around that window. The others I noticed rolled up and down in a jerking way. So I told
them that. They said they would reorder and replace the rubber around the other three window.
Today I went there and the service manager said they couldn't make the windows do that so
couldn't replace the rubber. So on the way home they were jerking as I raised and lowered the windows.
The seats are horribly uncomfortable and the wiper blades were warped. They did replace those today.
And I have mentioned from 1000 miles that something smelled like oil burning when I stop the car.
I`ve had GM/Chrysler made products. Fun to work on but not fun to own! Got my enjoyment of working on them until I realized my life passes too fast to burn my time and energy.

Got a new Toyota. My first. Am I completely, overboard HAPPY? Nope! She`s not perfect...
What I know is that no car is perfect at any price point. I bet there are frustrated Ferrari, Rolls Royce or whatever owners out there...

Try to work with the dealers and solve the problems one by one. If they are indeed small problems, it could work out that you may have the 1M miles quality Camry on your hands!
Be positive, smile. Put a fluffy rag on those seats :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.