Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bough a 2021 Camry XSE on April 2021 and it has a paint issue on the roof pillar. The dealer told me to live with it and Toyota said there is no recalls. Has any one seen something like this? Very
7F6E8178-2148-4E95-9DF2-E7A2D0BEF985_1_201_a.jpeg
!

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
384 Posts
Looks like a paint defect. Is it covered under the bumper to bumper warranty? My XSE’s paint job is perfect.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
384 Posts
Maybe try another dealer? I think you can go to any dealer for warranty work.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
384 Posts
Sounds like you need to find a dealer who will support you after selling you a car.

also, warranty work doesn’t pay well, so you may need to stand your ground to get dealers to do it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will stand my ground. I bought 4 cars from this dealer. Warranty work does not pay for them but I will fight this.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
384 Posts
Looks like you have history with this dealer. I wonder if you can leverage that because you’re a loyal paying customer.

·
Registered
2013 Camry LE
239 Posts
You didn't notice it when you bought the car 2 months ago? I wonder if they can claim it was due to something you did and weasel out. If you get it refinished, make sure they don't cheap out on the clear coat. Some dealers might try to use insurance grade clear coat, which will fail before the original paint job will. I'd push for a minimum of factory clear coat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No is hard to see in the sun because the paint has large amount metallic flake and we did not finish until 11 pm that night. I took it back right away. Is very hard to see in the sun.

·
Registered
238 Posts
At some point we all have to learn to plant our feet and not take BS. If you don't get the answer you want ask for the manager. If you still don't get it, ask where the regional or Toyota USA contacts can be found. Hint, now is the time to start looking that up.
Good Luck and don't take crap from someone who doesn't want to do their job.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd personally leave it alone. Any re-work will never match the factory paint, for any number of possible reasons. It will end up looking worse. The dealer knows that and is probably why they told you to leave it alone.

·
Registered
2020 Camry TRD
155 Posts
based on that pic, it looks like it was buffed/polished incorrectly? Did you try and cut the paint/polish the paint and then wax?

Live with it or find a good paint company that could refinish it and guarantee the work. That would drive me crazy too. Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
384 Posts
I'd personally leave it alone. Any re-work will never match the factory paint, for any number of possible reasons. It will end up looking worse. The dealer knows that and is probably why they told you to leave it alone.
Yeah, I was wondering if the warranty repair job would make it look better or worse...

·
Registered
2013 Camry LE
239 Posts
Yeah, I was wondering if the warranty repair job would make it look better or worse...
Often it will look worse. Because most body shops are not up to the challenge. It requires a lot of skill, and using high end materials if it's to hold up. There is no cut off point on the roof like there would if doing a door or front fender. It has to be blended into another panel (area).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts