Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to this forum, i am a woman trying to be more "hands on" w/ my camry
the label on the front inside door said 30 PSI for both front and back
the side of my tires say: M+S 195 70R14 91T, max load 615 kg 135 lbs, max pressure 300 KP 44 PSI
okay, this might as well be greek to me???
does this mean i should keep the pressure at 30 PSI like the door label says?
i have a great tire pressure reader, i have used it on my COLD tires and it reads 27 PSI on all tires.
advice? keep it at 27 or inflate to 30?
where should i go to inflate more pressure?
thanks ...
"the new girl"

·
Registered
65 Posts
Tire pressure should always for best stock performance and comfort, be kept at the door sills PSI, but for your tires safety, they cannot go above their max PSI.

door=30 tires=44 then do 30
door=35 psi tires=32 then do 32.
understand?
If you want more performance and mpg do 35, more for comfort and cruising, do 30.
also, test tires when warm, as air expands when hot, the warm air inside will be the max PSI

·
Toyota Collector
12,109 Posts
What brand of tire?

A range between 29-34psi is good, 29 if you want slightly better ride comfort while sacrificing a little bit if fuel economy, or 34 which will increase your gas mileage a bit but a somewhat stiffer ride. Anything much higher or lower IMO will yield you little benefit and will cause uneven wear. Following the guide on the door is not a bad idea, you can't go wrong with that.

Always check the tire pressure when the tires are cold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.