Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

My driver side window sometimes stops responding and after like 1-2min, it starts working for about may be a week no issues, then the issue appear again for same short period then it starts working again, there is no noise when it is not working, I have a feeling that may be the window motor needs replacement. but i am not sure.

I am thinking to exchange the rear driver side with the driver side window motor, will that work, i don't use the rear driver side at all.

Can you replace the rear one with the front one and vesa versa? or they are different and they handle different torques?

·
'93 LE Wagon V6 '94 LE I4
'93 V6 wagon, '94 I4
963 Posts
Check the switch first. I've had success before on a different car spraying tuner cleaner from Radio Shack into the switch and working it back and forth. If you try that and it fails, check the switch and it's associated wiring first. It is a common problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It did it again, I am sure it is the motor, so I would like know if the driver rear side motor is the same like the driver front one? can both handle the same torque, because the driver side glass is heavier.

Let me know plz before I start removing the doors panels.

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
Front and rear left motor are listed as the same.

Front and rear right motor are the same but a differant motor then the left side.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That means I can exchange the rear with the front at the driver side.

Anyone has the steps on how to change the Window motor on a camry 98?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts