Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XLE Touring V6
77 Posts
Does anyone know or think that Toyota will offer these AWD models with higher ground clearance??

None of the news articles I have seen mentioned anything about a change in suspension. I'm guessing that there will be no change to ground clearance on either of them.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,130 Posts
Based on photos I see no discernible change in ground clearance. Then again, for the OP, if you're looking for that level of ground clearance you shouldn't be looking at a sedan and instead be looking for a small to mid-size SUV. IMHO.

·
straight cash homie
18,997 Posts
Based on photos I see no discernible change in ground clearance. Then again, for the OP, if you're looking for that level of ground clearance you shouldn't be looking at a sedan and instead be looking for a small to mid-size SUV. IMHO.
And that is why SUVs are going in the up direction. Having ground clearance is something most buyers like nowadays, you don't get that with a car.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,130 Posts
And that is why SUVs are going in the up direction. Having ground clearance is something most buyers like nowadays, you don't get that with a car.
All the more reason to ask why the OP is looking at the Avalon. I haz confoozhun.

·
straight cash homie
18,997 Posts
It's called a Toyota Venza.
Toyota has an announcement coming soon, probably at the Auto Show. My feeling is that it could be a Venza replacement or something CUVish
All the more reason to ask why the OP is looking at the Avalon. I haz confoozhun.
Yeah, because everyone knows Toyota SUVs and trucks are better for the inevitable

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,130 Posts
I think in case of any apocalypse there won't be a single person shelling out money to appropriate a Hilux or any other vehicle.

LOL

·
Token Aussie
1998 AE102, 2018 ZRE182
1,828 Posts
I think in case of any apocalypse there won't be a single person shelling out money to appropriate a Hilux or any other vehicle.

LOL
I think it's more a case of prepping, ie "for 296 pounds a month you can be prepared to rule the roads in case of a zombie apocalypse"

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,130 Posts
I think it's more a case of prepping, ie "for 296 pounds a month you can be prepared to rule the roads in case of a zombie apocalypse"
Anyone who would actually be "sold" by that sales tactic is a........

·
Token Aussie
1998 AE102, 2018 ZRE182
1,828 Posts
Anyone who would actually be "sold" by that sales tactic is a........

Pretty obvious that it isn't meant to be taken seriously. A hallmark of British (and other Commonwealth countries) advertising.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts