Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Old TN Member
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if the sport suspension on the avalon touring is the same as the camry se?

i have been waiting for toyota to fix this tranmission issue and now i am siding with getting an avalon touring. i am hoping the handle with the avalon touring is the same as the camry se. i have heard that the avalon is actually faster than the avalon... but i am not certain.

i am deciding on getting the wavalon solely because their is no transmission flare. if anyone can give me more problem on why not the switch, please help me. i really do not want to go this route, but it may come to this. i don't like any other cars but toyotas, so please no need to suggest other vehicles unless they are made by toyota and along the same lines as the camry se or avalon touring. thanks all.
 

·
2003 Camry Speedster
2003 Camry XLE V6
Joined
·
386 Posts
i have an 07 SE and have not experienced any transmission problems... so far it drives flawlessly...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,964 Posts
IPDaily said:
i have an 07 SE and have not experienced any transmission problems... so far it drives flawlessly...

Same here with a V6 XLE.:)
 

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
Joined
·
2,396 Posts
Same here with SE V6 14,500 miles
 

·
LEmon V6
LEmon
Joined
·
211 Posts
He did not ask if any of you were having problems with your Camrys. :hammer: He asked "specifically" about the TOURING AVALON.

Could anyone answer this question? Others may want to know also. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,964 Posts
MacPherson strut front suspension with offset coil springs and stabilizer bar; dual-link independent MacPherson strut rear suspension with offset coil springs and stabilizer bar (sport-tuned on Touring)

http://toyotagg.com/Toyota/Toyota_2007_Avalon_Specs.htm

Seems according to that the difference is a sport tuned stabilizer bar.
 

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
Joined
·
2,396 Posts
Midnight2 said:
He did not ask if any of you were having problems with your Camrys. :hammer: He asked "specifically" about the TOURING AVALON.

Could anyone answer this question? Others may want to know also. Thanks.
reyrey127 said:
.

i am deciding on getting the wavalon solely because their is no transmission flare. if anyone can give me more problem on why not the switch, please help me. i really do not want to go this route, but it may come to this. i don't like any other cars but toyotas, so please no need to suggest other vehicles unless they are made by toyota and along the same lines as the camry se or avalon touring. thanks all.
We are giving our input on why NOT to switch because of the trans flare.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,964 Posts
Midnight2 said:
He did not ask if any of you were having problems with your Camrys. :hammer: He asked "specifically" about the TOURING AVALON.

Could anyone answer this question? Others may want to know also. Thanks.
He also mantions that he's a bit nervous buying a camry se,the car he really wants because of the trans issue.
Just reassuring him that not ALL the transmissions have a problem.
In fact it must be a small percentage of trans having the problem.
.
 

·
Premium Member
2012 Base Tacoma 4x4, 2007 Camry XLE
Joined
·
1,329 Posts
Even if it does...you get a brand new updated transmission now for the fix. However, all the newly built ones will have this new tranny installed now.
 

·
Old TN Member
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Joe B said:
He also mantions that he's a bit nervous buying a camry se,the car he really wants because of the trans issue.
Just reassuring him that not ALL the transmissions have a problem.
In fact it must be a small percentage of trans having the problem.
.
thanks for the input,

so is the suspension different between the touring avalon and the camry se. i didn't really notice a difference in terms of terminology, rather my curiosity lies in the technical aspect of the suspension, i.e. spring rates, etc. if anyone knows, it would be great?

i understand that some people do not have this flare issue, but from edmunds, clublexus, and toyotanation, etc. it seems that the percentage of people with flares is not that small, else a TSB would not have been produced for vehicles prior to the Sept or Oct build. i mean, if the production line is the same, how is it possible that some cars have it and some cars don't. i mean, i thought everything these days are robotically installed.

pardon my naivete, but the only conclusion i can make for those who have not had the problem YET, is that "you have not had the problem YET." i wish i can explain why, but i cannot. only toyota can.

i love the CAMRY SE V6... but i just don't want to be those unlucky ones with a flare issue and have to suffer the pain of taking it back and forth and fighting with toyota to fix my problem. i am still open to the possibility of getting a camry se, but until a TRUE fix comes out, i am considering an avalon touring. my purchase date is sometime in april. thanks all.
 

·
Old TN Member
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Old Dood said:
Even if it does...you get a brand new updated transmission now for the fix. However, all the newly built ones will have this new tranny installed now.
i read on clublexus that someone had the updated transmission and it still flared. apparently, not a fix to the problem. your comments are appreciated.
 

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
Joined
·
2,396 Posts
Most of the flare concerns started at around 1000 miles. I have 14,500 no flares, mine was built in June 2006
 

·
it is what it is
07 Camry SE
Joined
·
2,294 Posts
reyrey127 said:
does anyone know if the sport suspension on the avalon touring is the same as the camry se?

i have been waiting for toyota to fix this tranmission issue and now i am siding with getting an avalon touring. i am hoping the handle with the avalon touring is the same as the camry se. i have heard that the avalon is actually faster than the avalon... but i am not certain.

i am deciding on getting the wavalon solely because their is no transmission flare. if anyone can give me more problem on why not the switch, please help me. i really do not want to go this route, but it may come to this. i don't like any other cars but toyotas, so please no need to suggest other vehicles unless they are made by toyota and along the same lines as the camry se or avalon touring. thanks all.
If you are going to buy a Avalon you should wait until Toyota updates the car. I sell both cars and alot of Avalon buyers are shocked to see the Camry with more updated features. I could have bought an Avalon but I could'nt wait. By the way my SE V6 no issues and I have sold alot of V6 Camrys with no issues. Sometimes we hear more bad things on forums than good.
 

·
Old TN Member
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
akira751 said:
If you are going to buy a Avalon you should wait until Toyota updates the car. I sell both cars and alot of Avalon buyers are shocked to see the Camry with more updated features. I could have bought an Avalon but I could'nt wait. By the way my SE V6 no issues and I have sold alot of V6 Camrys with no issues. Sometimes we hear more bad things on forums than good.
do you knwo what they might be updating on the avalon touring?? i want to wait, but the updates will probably not be until the next model year... 08 *sigh* this sucks...

can you sell me a car without problem then?? that would be nice...

thanks for the info..

do you know anything about the suspension of the avalon touring and camry se?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,964 Posts
reyrey127 said:
i mean, if the production line is the same, how is it possible that some cars have it and some cars don't. i mean, i thought everything these days are robotically installed.

Great question.
I've asked the same question many times.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,964 Posts
JSM1284 said:
Most of the flare concerns started at around 1000 miles. I have 14,500 no flares, mine was built in June 2006

Mine was built in June too.
No flares.
Just curious.
Anybody with a June build have any problems?
 

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
Joined
·
2,396 Posts
Joe B said:
Mine was built in June too.
No flares.
Just curious.
Anybody with a June build have any problems?
Was yours an American or Japanese build?
 

·
Premium Member
2012 Base Tacoma 4x4, 2007 Camry XLE
Joined
·
1,329 Posts
You know what I really like about the Avalon? They have a dial for the Heated Seats...you can adjust the level of heat you want. The Camry's is just on or off and they do not automatically turn off when you shut off the car like my Buick..... Also the Camry's are about as hot as my Buick Park Avenue's Low Setting. I like a Hot Seat for my lower back.

Also, the Buick's goes up your back somewhat where the Camry's only heats the seat part. Does the Avalon heat the lower part of the back of the seat? Anyone know that? I am just curious.

I like the Avalon...it is more Buick Like in those terms. The XLE is a fine car and it too is Buick Like but, the Avalon seems even more so. Trust me that is a good thing. When you youngens get older you will appreciate a Buick Like ride...hehe I know you will not agree with me NOW...but give it time. When you get older and you feel every expansion joint on the road then a Buick Like ride is a lot more welcoming...:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,964 Posts

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
Joined
·
6,123 Posts
Old Dood said:
You know what I really like about the Avalon? They have a dial for the Heated Seats...you can adjust the level of heat you want. The Camry's is just on or off and they do not automatically turn off when you shut off the car like my Buick..... Also the Camry's are about as hot as my Buick Park Avenue's Low Setting. I like a Hot Seat for my lower back.

Also, the Buick's goes up your back somewhat where the Camry's only heats the seat part. Does the Avalon heat the lower part of the back of the seat? Anyone know that? I am just curious.

I like the Avalon...it is more Buick Like in those terms. The XLE is a fine car and it too is Buick Like but, the Avalon seems even more so. Trust me that is a good thing. When you youngens get older you will appreciate a Buick Like ride...hehe I know you will not agree with me NOW...but give it time. When you get older and you feel every expansion joint on the road then a Buick Like ride is a lot more welcoming...:cool:
You've had 2 Camrys and you don't know that the seat back is heated!!!!!!

You are old.............maybe you forgot.
 
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Top