Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
went to import wars with boston area guys and dragged for teh first time. for those of you who dont know i have ported intake up to the heads and cai, v6 auto.

pics and timeslip

edit: hehe woops forgot to mention i'm 9537

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah..... my reaction time sucks i need more experience.

my first run was the quickest despite i wasnt even ready for the light, i guess cause the air was nice and cool and got all heated up as the day went on. my 2nd run, 1st round of eliminations was against an integra, beat him. 2nd round i lost to a neon. i think i would have won if i had dialed in a slower time, since i was assuming i'd run the same times i did my first run.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Reaction time has no bearing on your ET. What you really need to work on is your launch. 2.7xx 60' times are quite bad. Note how well you did when you pulled the 2.4xx 60'. Tons better. For every tenth you knock off of your 60' time (launch) will give you about two-tenths better ET. Work on your launch a little more and get it down to a solid 2.3xx 60' and you could hit high-15's.

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
nokay said:
Reaction time has no bearing on your ET. What you really need to work on is your launch. 2.7xx 60' times are quite bad. Note how well you did when you pulled the 2.4xx 60'. Tons better. For every tenth you knock off of your 60' time (launch) will give you about two-tenths better ET. Work on your launch a little more and get it down to a solid 2.3xx 60' and you could hit high-15's.
I think that was the point in saying he needs to work on his reaction time. He needs to focus on his reaction to the light turning green.

·
Registered
14 Posts
CrawlingEye said:
I think that was the point in saying he needs to work on his reaction time. He needs to focus on his reaction to the light turning green.
His slowest reaction time netted him the best ET. On that run his 60' time (the launch) was by far the best. So agian, R/T has no bearing whatsoever on your ET. You could sit at the light for 5 minutes and it still wouldn't affect your ET.

Reaction time performance and 60' time performance are two totally different things.

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hm.... the weird part is that my first run (the fastest one, with slowest reaction time) i wasnt even prepared for the light, so i didnt even powerbrake, i just went. the two other runs i powerbraked and was prepared for the light, and yet i was slower. next time i go to the track ill experiment to see whether powerbraking or not helped me

·
Registered
14 Posts
why? You already proved it. Forget about R/T - it makes no difference. ;) Your 60' time is what matters.

No powerbraking: 2.4xx 60' and good ET
powerbraking: 2.7xx 60' and slow ET

Sounds like on the powerbraking runs you spun the tires like mad and never caught traction and hence the very bad 60' times.

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i didnt spin, only chirped really briefly when i powerbraked. i will give powerbraking and not powerbraking some more tries to make sure thats really the differnece in my times

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
^ We have got to work on that 1mz's torque output down low. My ES is 300lbs heavier than your Camry in street trim and still would put down a 2.25 60' time stock before tuning. 2.5s is horrid LoL! 16.2 is a good run tho. That's what the car was originally tested at, so it's good to see the car runs well after a good deal of age. 0-60 time should be right at, or slightly below 8s even.

Don't worry about the time down the track man. I doubt you'd break 16.1 even with a perfect launch without dropping weight. Overall great run, and I'm glad you keep your car in good condition.

Now secondly, yeah man the R/T doesn't hurt your ET, but it sure makes you looks crappy ;)

http://www.prestage.com/community/Fun+and+Games/netHoleShot!/default.aspx

I highly suggest playing this until you can fire off a a consistant .580 R/T before going back to the track ;)

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
I thought the Auto V6's ran faster than 16.2 That is kinda sad :(

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Quickest stock auto v6 camry/es 300 was the '97 ES 300. They could do 0-60 sub 8s and high 15s 1/4 miles. The rest of the ES line is too heavy to do 16 flat. I'm sure the Camry's weighing 200lbs less every year could get close to a flat 16s 1/4, but to my knowledge the only ones that can do it under 16s are the '97's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts