Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive started to notice how all camrys, at least gen 3 and 4, including mine have that wierd buzzing noise when accelerating can someone tell me what that is.
Thanks
John

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the buzzing happens from 2500rpm upward, I have an I4 engine. I was wondering really if it was a problem and if there was a way I could muffle it. Ohh yea i forgot, it does not happen when using cruise control.
Thanks
John

·
Gen5.5 Sportivo V6
04 Camry Sportivo V6
554 Posts
Calvin327 said:
Can you tell where its coming from? I have a 94 I4 as well. I hear a little rattling, but its coming from the steering wheel. I've tighten it, got better but its still there.

Calvin
that buzzing noise from the steering wheel is different from this i think :p:

i had that problem too....i found out it was the plastic around the steering column vibrating around....i stuck something to hold it still and absorb the vibrations, and it went away :D

but i cant tell where the buzzing noise from the engine is coming from either by the way :eek:

·
Registered
785 Posts
you mean, doesnt it sound kinda like a turbo? if you even know what one sounds like, ive noticed that in my brothers 98 camry, every time i got it over 4000rpm to 6000rpm, there is a sweet turbo like sound coming from the engine.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I dont usually get that high up in rpm, but what does a turbo sound like. The engine in my 93 camry (2.2L I4) usually sounds like the typical camry when im accelerating, im not sure if thats a flaw in most camrys or what, its just wierd.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
In my car, that would be the TVIS kicking in.
It's the doohickey plate thingy switch out of econo mode to let more flow to the ports for higher RPM ranges.
Hence the acoustics. Great sound, eh?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.