Toyota Nation Forum banner

Camry Gen3 Speakers

5K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  EasyE 
#1 ·
Hey, um, yeah I know, I know... This has been here a million times probably.

But I can't think off hand what the speaker size is for the door's. Can someone help me out? I'm gonna buy new ones... need to know whether its 5.25 or 6.5.

If I had to take a guess I would say 5.25

#2 ·
I think its 6.5" but if you want to be absolutely sure go to crutchfield.com and enter in the make and model of your car. It will find speakers that will fit your car perfectly or let you know if you need additional accessories for the speaker size you have. This is the easiest/best way I have found so far.

#3 ·
6 1/2" for the doors. I bought some pioneer 4-ways, they sound nice but lack on the bass so I need to get some subs soon. The rears are 6x9's though.

#4 ·
Yeah, I knew the rears were 6x9s... changed them a long time ago.. that was a pain in the ass by the way. I put in some sony 6x9s and people often ask me what kind of subs I have. Mind you I previously had 2 JL 12s.... haha, I'm gonna go get a box for my new Fosgate 12 so I can FINALLY stick that in there after a year of having the speaker sitting in the box on the floor of my room. LOL.

So I'm going to put new 6.5's in the front doors, and new tweeters in the front doors, and I'm going to put tweeters in the back by the Sony 6x9's, too, me thinks, but only after I put in my sub.

#6 ·
EasyE said:
So I'm going to put new 6.5's in the front doors, and new tweeters in the front doors, and I'm going to put tweeters in the back by the Sony 6x9's, too, me thinks, but only after I put in my sub.
Okay, first of all, wrong forum.

Secondly, do you intend to go with 6.5" components or a 6.5" coaxial and add a cheap-o tweeter to it?

Thirdly, why in God's name would you want to add tweeters to your rear fill????? :confused: Mind you, this is a rear fill that's composed of SONY SIX BY NINES!! :lol:

Say hello to shitty SQ and noise cancellation.

#11 ·
if you want that much rear fill that your trying to add tweeters to the back i would recomend either the pioneer premier 5 way or a 3 way or try the infinity kappa 2 way with a directional tweeter. an for the front i would get the infinity kappa up front componet system. i have that in my car and flush mounted the tweeter by the door handle.

#12 ·
6 1/2" for the doors.
You'd better be damn sure about this..... Not trying to be cruel or anything, but I thought my 94 had 6.5" in the doors according to Crutchfield, Circuit City, and some other sources. Had to replace my driver's side outside door handle and thought I'd change the speakers to Kenwood 6.5" out of my dad's Accord (my last car). Took out the stock speaker, and the Kenwood didn't fit. I had to get oversided 6.5", aka 6.75" speakers (which ended up being Kenwood eXceleon components).

#14 ·
Depends on whether you have the premium sound system or not. Premium = tweeter + 4" I think. Regular sound = 6.5". Normal aftermarket 6.5" will not drop in perfectly. You need an adapter or some sort of small plate to line up the screw holes.

#15 ·
Depends on whether you have the premium sound system or not. Premium = tweeter + 4" I think. Regular sound = 6.5". Normal aftermarket 6.5" will not drop in perfectly. You need an adapter or some sort of small plate to line up the screw holes.
Yeah, the stock speakers are 3-hole. Unless you've got extra holes drilled, you've got to drill new ones, buy an adaptor, or buy speakers with extra holes. I don't know why, but my gen3 has 6.75" in the front doors and I've got the basic stereo (came with just a cassette/radio headunit), does anybody know why I've got larger speakers than what seems normal?

#18 ·
TakeABao said:
Okay, first of all, wrong forum.

Secondly, do you intend to go with 6.5" components or a 6.5" coaxial and add a cheap-o tweeter to it?

Thirdly, why in God's name would you want to add tweeters to your rear fill????? :confused: Mind you, this is a rear fill that's composed of SONY SIX BY NINES!! :lol:

Say hello to shitty SQ and noise cancellation.
Ok, first of all, eat a dick.

Not the wrong forum, ass. The topic was about what size the door speakers were in a gen3 CAMRY. Jesus.

Secondly, I have the "premium sound" or whatever, so I already have the tweeter mount thing built into the door, I'm going to simply replace the current tweeters, and get some components for the doors.

Thirdly, because there's too much bass in the back, smartass. I don't like too much bass. I'm not in to talentless music, mind you. I listen to real music that is written on an instrument. Mostly Heavy metal and similar rock genres. I don't need a lot of bass. I'm putting in one Fosgate HE 12 with a 200 watt Fosgate amp. That's all I need. I used to have 2 12s and that was too much for me, so I sold it. Also, I'm very pleased with my "SONY SIX BY NINES LOL HEHE." They offer good bass, and good highs, for 6x9s at least. By the way, have you ever listened to the sound you get with tweeters in the back? Because, well, I have, and I liked it, fuck.

Say hello to my middle finger.

By the way.... :weed: Let's smoke a fatty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.