Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for 2019 or 2020 LE or XLE. I am close to pulling the trigger, probably at the end of this month. I test drove both trims but felt no difference on the highway. Before test driving, I thought LE (17" wheel) would be little quieter than XLE (18" wheel) but could not feel any difference. I love to have those bells and whistles that come with XLE but of course it costs more. Could you share why you bought your LE or XLE? What features or functions were you looking for when choosing your choice of trim? Anyone doing a long distance commute like me over 20k miles a year ended up buying LE or XLE? Thanks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Us.......heated leather seats being in the frozen north.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Us.......heated leather seats being in the frozen north.

Thanks. Yes, that makes sense, a need basis. Out of curiosity, do you find your XLE relatively driving quiet on the highway?

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you're doing long distance commuting, you may want to consider the XLE. It's the only version out of the 2 that has full speed dynamic radar cruise control.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a new 2020 Camry LE and I am very happy with it. I got the convenience package and Blindspot monitor, and I’m surprised that even the driver side visor has a vanity mirror in the LE.
There are a few more bells and whistle’s on the XLE, but for my money the LE is a great value.

·
Registered
287 Posts
2019 LE - just the minimal because I don't like throwing $$$ at items that depreciate.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks. Yes, that makes sense, a need basis. Out of curiosity, do you find your XLE relatively driving quiet on the highway?
My bad, I got a SXE. Jet lag makes me dyslexic I think ......mines nice and quiet though by my standards. Only gripe and it’s tiny is that by modern standards it takes a long time for the heat to come up To temp here in the ?North. That’s where the heated seats really shine.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just got a LE and stuck heated and cooled Tuscany leather seats in it for half the price difference between a LE and XLE since the "leather" seats and auto climate control are the only 2 things I cared for from the XLE.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you're doing long distance commuting, you may want to consider the XLE. It's the only version out of the 2 that has full speed dynamic radar cruise control.
Thanks. The LE has it but it is not a full speed cruise control, though. Do you know the difference between the two?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a new 2020 Camry LE and I am very happy with it. I got the convenience package and Blindspot monitor, and I’m surprised that even the driver side visor has a vanity mirror in the LE.
There are a few more bells and whistle’s on the XLE, but for my money the LE is a great value.
Thanks. Agreed. The LE with the convenience package and BSM would be a great alternative to the XLE.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My bad, I got a SXE. Jet lag makes me dyslexic I think ......mines nice and quiet though by my standards. Only gripe and it’s tiny is that by modern standards it takes a long time for the heat to come up To temp here in the ?North. That’s where the heated seats really shine.
Okay. Thanks. The XSE comes with the 19" wheel. Based on my educated opinion, that is 2" bigger than LE's 17" wheel, which would create more highway noises.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2019 LE - just the minimal because I don't like throwing $$$ at items that depreciate.
I am with you. I also favor the notion of a minimalist in life although it is difficult to resist a plethora of modern technologies. With how much miles I drive yearly, the value of my car will be depreciated dramatically. I plan to keep mine for at least 10 years regardless miles.

·
straight cash homie
20,434 Posts
For myself, while not an owner, I could imagine the LE being just fine with the features I'd want. I can opt for a moonroof, the safety stuff and a nicer audio with satellite radio without having to go up in trim level. The fact that Carplay and Android Auto are now on all models, I wouldn't worry about navigation. And I can get cloth seats and no softex. The SE might appeal more to me as an enthusiast, but honestly, the XSE V6 and TRD trims are for that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For myself, while not an owner, I could imagine the LE being just fine with the features I'd want. I can opt for a moonroof, the safety stuff and a nicer audio with satellite radio without having to go up in trim level. The fact that Carplay and Android Auto are now on all models, I wouldn't worry about navigation. And I can get cloth seats and no softex. The SE might appeal more to me as an enthusiast, but honestly, the XSE V6 and TRD trims are for that.
I will be fine, too, with the LE. A convenience package would be an excellent addition. No navigation needed. Nor do i need moonroof. XSE v6? I like the appearance of it but that is not for me. I like an old-fashion smooth ride. LE or XLE would serve my needs better.

·
straight cash homie
20,434 Posts
I will be fine, too, with the LE. A convenience package would be an excellent addition. No navigation needed. Nor do i need moonroof. XSE v6? I like the appearance of it but that is not for me. I like an old-fashion smooth ride. LE or XLE would serve my needs better.
The convenience package wouldn't be a must have option for me, but the fact that its the only way to get Homelink, it wouldn't be a bad option to get. Plus, it seems that this option is most common and equipped on most LEs on dealer lots.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Standard disables itself once your speed goes below 28 and full speed stops when you stop.
That auto stop does come in handy if you’re sitting in crawling traffic. Last year my wife bumped the back of a bigass dodge pickup by looking off at 2 mph when it stopped. Sonata didn’t appreciate that monster trailer hitch. Didn’t scratch the rust on The hitch.
The full will lock the brakes if it has to. Good for dopey pedestrians too. Would it break a deal for us. No but it is sort of a neat sort of insurance. Sort of handy for parking lot thrills .. It sometimes gives you an unwanted thrill when those brakes bang locked unexpectedly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I drive 30k per year all highway I have a 2019 le and could not be happier with the ride only thing I hate is all the tech crap.that being said I love the car

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
LE is smoother over larger bumps because of the taller 17" tires. No difference in seat comfort and quietness since the seat padding and insulation of both trims are the same.

The Michelin Energy Saver A/S found on some LE's are the smoothest riding and quietest factory original tires.

If you can afford to pay $31,000 + tax and want a really quiet and smooth ride you should get a base model Avalon XLE with 17" wheel and tires. The V6 Engine is nearly inaudible and the road and tire noise is noticably more subdued than any Camry. Seats are better padded too. So few Avalon XLE's are made that you may need to travel out of state to find one. Cars.com makes searching nationwide easy.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts