Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am with you. I also favor the notion of a minimalist in life although it is difficult to resist a plethora of modern technologies. With how much miles I drive yearly, the value of my car will be depreciated dramatically. I plan to keep mine for at least 10 years regardless miles.
Likewise. It's my wife's car but I still love it and hope I don't lose the enthusiams as years go by. My 2002 Corolla has not had a car washed for years.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just got a LE and stuck heated and cooled Tuscany leather seats in it for half the price difference between a LE and XLE since the "leather" seats and auto climate control are the only 2 things I cared for from the XLE.
SO, you gave up all the other things XLE offered and paid ala carte
Interesting...

XLE V6 here, very nice, pretty posh. Pricey on gas, but I am not getting younger and another couple hundred a year,pffft
It Goes when I ask, not eventually like my 4 cyl accord.

·
Registered
123 Posts
SO, you gave up all the other things XLE offered and paid ala carte
Interesting...

XLE V6 here, very nice, pretty posh. Pricey on gas, but I am not getting younger and another couple hundred a year,pffft
It Goes when I ask, not eventually like my 4 cyl accord.
Like I said, don’t need anything the XLE gives over the LE besides the “leather” seats really. Which are just Softex. The seats I put in make Softex feel like plastic seats in comparison so I have 0 regrets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
LE is smoother over larger bumps because of the taller 17" tires. No difference in seat comfort and quietness since the seat padding and insulation of both trims are the same.

The Michelin Energy Saver A/S found on some LE's are the smoothest riding and quietest factory original tires.

If you can afford to pay $31,000 + tax and want a really quiet and smooth ride you should get a base model Avalon XLE with 17" wheel and tires. The V6 Engine is nearly inaudible and the road and tire noise is noticably more subdued than any Camry. Seats are better padded too. So few Avalon XLE's are made that you may need to travel out of state to find one. Cars.com makes searching nationwide easy.
I also thought about the V6 Avalon but that is much more than what I can afford. My current budget is about $20k for 2019 new or even slightly used 2018 models. I will need to see if I can get a camry le within my budget.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I also thought about the V6 Avalon but that is much more than what I can afford. My current budget is about $20k for 2019 new or even slightly used 2018 models. I will need to see if I can get a camry le within my budget.
I used the Costco Auto program and received $5600 off sticker. No hassles and also discount on accessories. I would do it again. Well worth the annual fee of Costco.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I used the Costco Auto program and received $5600 off sticker. No hassles and also discount on accessories. I would do it again. Well worth the annual fee of Costco.
Is that before or after rebate? What is your location as incentive may vary.

Discount on accessories - what accessories? You mean additional accessories purchased which is not already installed?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Is that before or after rebate? What is your location as incentive may vary.

Discount on accessories - what accessories? You mean additional accessories purchased which is not already installed?
That was including rebate. The accessories discount was for anything you want to add.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I went for the xse v6, I figured I’m already spending a pretty hefty amount, what’s 5k more? I love all the bells and whistles that my car has, the only package I couldn’t find was the two tone. IMO you should go for the XLE

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I went for the xse v6, I figured I’m already spending a pretty hefty amount, what’s 5k more? I love all the bells and whistles that my car has, the only package I couldn’t find was the two tone. IMO you should go for the XLE

I love to have a new 2020 Camry XLE with all options which would be fantastic. I think, however, the $5k difference between LE and XLE matters to many buyers as mentioned by many in this forum. If you get satisfied with your investment on the XLE, I agree you should go for it. No regret. Driving 10 years with this xle and enjoying all the bells and whistles would worth the money.

·
Registered
267 Posts
There’s a lot of things on cars now days that you might want vs need. Do you need keyless entry? No do you need upgraded stereo? No, car manufactures these days will get you on what you want not need.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am a Costco member also, but I did not go for the deal as the dealer in my area was not very competitive. I think it really depends on the Local dealer and how he treats you.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The Costco discount is wimpy compared to what's possible via pitting competitive dealers against one another via email communication with their internet sales manager.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If not for the features the XLE offers I would not have gotten a Camry.

Front parking sensors are a rarity in the family sedan class. The 360° parking camera is awesome. Auto dimming mirrors, large infotainment display, upgraded stereo.

I could not care less about the leather, 18” wheels, nor moonroof.

The warranty is for things that break. Why sacrifice comfort and convenience for the possibility that something ‘might’ break. It’s a Camry, not a Tesla. The chances of a problem are relatively low.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We looked at Corolla LE vs XLE and also Camry LE vs XLE.

The feature differences between between Corolla LE and XLE is more than Camry LE to XLE. Feature differences in Corolla LE to XLE that does not exist in Camry LE to XLE: steel to alloy wheels; manual to power seats. Corolla LE to XLE MSRP delta is $4k, but Camry LE to LE delta is $5k. So seems that Camry LE-XLE cost delta is worse value than Corolla.

We got the LE. XLE features we would want (but not for $5k more):
  • Leather and heated seats: this would be the only to-die-for feature, according to my wife. She used heated seats daily on her previous car. I used heated seats like once in 13 years, just to test it out. We live in California by the way.
  • Automatic dual-zone temperature control: My wife likes auto temp, I prefer manual. Dual-zone is very helpful as my wife and I have different temp preferences.
  • Auto-dimming rear view mirrors: very useful.
  • Blind spot monitoring: I think this is useful. My wife doesn't care for it.
XLE features that we don't care about:
  • 7 vs 8-in touch screen: nice to have, but 1" does not make that much difference.
  • 4 vs 7-in driver dash display: more cosmetic than anything. Not needed.
  • Qi charger: useful, except for Apple Car Play, which require USB connection anyways.
  • Full speed adaptive cruise control: My wife is Camry driver and she does not use this function.
  • Push button start: We don't care for this.
  • Sun roof: We actually prefer no sunroof.
  • LED lights: We don't know the difference. LE main headlight is LED, that is all we care about. We don't care about day time running light nor rear tail lights.
  • 17 vs 18" alloy wheels: don't care, other than the style. We actually prefer LE's alloy wheel style. XLE is too busy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the 2018 v6 XLE Camry 2 tone Blue Streak/Black about a year and a half ago. My 2003 Lexus IS300 had over 308k miles and all the things wearing out were taking up too much of my time. Until recently I was commuting 100 miles a day and my #1 requirement was a comfortable seat with lumbar support (and heat). I really don't care about the sunroof or 19 inch wheels, but I do like the XLE styling. I do enjoy spirited driving and the 4 cylinder Camry has nowhere near the acceleration that my rear wheel (straight 6) 200hp IS300 had, so I sprang for the v6. There are lots of stupid drivers on the road, and good acceleration has gotten me out of several close calls.

The car is a little noisier than a Lexus, but I'm not interested in spending new Lexus money. Got fleet pricing thru AAA.

My only complain is the headrest sucks - it pushes my head forward and gives me a sore neck regardless of how it is positioned, but most other brands have a similar problem, so the headrest is turned around and doing me no good. For people under 6 feet tall the headrest may be less of a problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2018 XLE Hybrid 40 MPG to 43 MPG 500 miles range, I bought it for $26k with 13k miles on it, few things that bother me about this car, The suspension is too soft, I hear wind noise from the front side windows, two dealerships said it was normal, had a bad driver side headlight that was fixed under warranty $1900, the all-speed radar cruise control is ok for high speed but when it comes to stop and go traffic the car brakes too hard and accelerate too fast, the lane-keep assist could get annoying beeps too much I wish it would vibrate the seat or the steering wheel I hear 2020 model year will keep the car in the center of the lane. The 360 camera is good during the day but blurry at night. The seat belt alert is annoying also no way to turn it off. Dealer experience is okay usually no loaner car, I bought the extended warranty 84 months 125k miles hoping that will help with a loaner car if I ever have to take my car in again. Maybe mine is an early production car.
If I do it again I would get the same car but a 2020 model year hoping that they worked out the bugs or maybe a 2020 Lexus 300h.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 66 Posts