Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I am in the market for 2019 or 2020 LE or XLE. I am close to pulling the trigger, probably at the end of this month. I test drove both trims but felt no difference on the highway. Before test driving, I thought LE (17" wheel) would be little quieter than XLE (18" wheel) but could not feel any difference. I love to have those bells and whistles that come with XLE but of course it costs more. Could you share why you bought your LE or XLE? What features or functions were you looking for when choosing your choice of trim? Anyone doing a long distance commute like me over 20k miles a year ended up buying LE or XLE? Thanks.
I am in the market for 2019 or 2020 LE or XLE. I am close to pulling the trigger, probably at the end of this month. I test drove both trims but felt no difference on the highway. Before test driving, I thought LE (17" wheel) would be little quieter than XLE (18" wheel) but could not feel any difference. I love to have those bells and whistles that come with XLE but of course it costs more. Could you share why you bought your LE or XLE? What features or functions were you looking for when choosing your choice of trim? Anyone doing a long distance commute like me over 20k miles a year ended up buying LE or XLE? Thanks.
I got a 2019 XLE same day as my friend got the LE, same dealer, same salesperson, as I have dine business there before. I got the XLE because I wanted the Sirius XM radio, the heated leather seats and the climate control temp with rear A/C. He did not care about anything but wanted leather. Dealer put in leather for $15.00 a month more. Both are leases, His cost $323.00 per month, mine was $349.00 per month, he got 12K miles per year, I got 15K miles per year. Both cars ride exact, just bells and whistles and of course the price. I am happy with my car as he is his.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Neither
I absolutely love my 2016 SE with the leather inserts. Super solid and with sunroof, keyless entry and lane detection options its the same as XLE but without the cold seats in winter or sticky seats in the summer. Definitely will be looking at that trim level again

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went with the XLE. Simply for the additional features (safety, comfort and entertainment value). I also have a long commute back and forth to work and the additional features in the XLE make the drive bearable. Good luck on your decision!

·
Registered
'19 Camry Hybrid XLE
2 Posts
I just upgraded from a 2015 Hybrid XLE to a 2019 Hybrid XLE. The two major features that I really wanted were adaptive cruise control and Apple CarPlay. I went all the way to get whatever trim packages were necessary to have these features, and that was pretty much everything they offer. I use CarPlay for navigation, music and hands free phone. I'm so used to using my phone that it just makes everything easier and more familiar for me. I ended up with a lot of other features that I'm finding I like a lot. I thought the HUD display was kind of gimmicky, but I've grown to love it. The car is comfortable and the JBL sound system is more than substantial. This is the best Toyota we've ever owned, and it's our 3rd one in a row. If you're really driving 20K miles a year, treat yourself to whatever you want. Life can be fleeting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I just upgraded from a 2015 Hybrid XLE to a 2019 Hybrid XLE. The two major features that I really wanted were adaptive cruise control and Apple CarPlay. I went all the way to get whatever trim packages were necessary to have these features, and that was pretty much everything they offer. I use CarPlay for navigation, music and hands free phone. I'm so used to using my phone that it just makes everything easier and more familiar for me. I ended up with a lot of other features that I'm finding I like a lot. I thought the HUD display was kind of gimmicky, but I've grown to love it. The car is comfortable and the JBL sound system is more than substantial. This is the best Toyota we've ever owned, and it's our 3rd one in a row. If you're really driving 20K miles a year, treat yourself to whatever you want. Life can be fleeting.
Thanks for sharing how & why you ended up getting a new hybrid xle. Thanks for your suggestion as well. I am little behind technology but those technologies are always good to have. The question is $$$$.. i have to see what tomorrow brings. I concur that life is short. I mean very very short as we become older and older. We need to enjoy all luxury options before dying, which makes sense. Out of curiosity, what was your OTD price for 2019 hybrid xle? That should be at least $30k easily, i guess. I still see some dealers carrying 2019 models on their lot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I went with the XLE. Simply for the additional features (safety, comfort and entertainment value). I also have a long commute back and forth to work and the additional features in the XLE make the drive bearable. Good luck on your decision!
Thanks. Did you get a new one or 2019? If I get an xle, then it would be 2018 or 2019 model, not new one. I can get a 2018 xle with about $21k (30k miles). I see lots of them selling at that price range.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I got a 2019 XLE same day as my friend got the LE, same dealer, same salesperson, as I have dine business there before. I got the XLE because I wanted the Sirius XM radio, the heated leather seats and the climate control temp with rear A/C. He did not care about anything but wanted leather. Dealer put in leather for $15.00 a month more. Both are leases, His cost $323.00 per month, mine was $349.00 per month, he got 12K miles per year, I got 15K miles per year. Both cars ride exact, just bells and whistles and of course the price. I am happy with my car as he is his.
Thanks. That is only $26/m in difference. Sounds like you got the better deal than your friend.The XLE it is.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Like I said, don’t need anything the XLE gives over the LE besides the “leather” seats really. Which are just Softex. The seats I put in make Softex feel like plastic seats in comparison so I have 0 regrets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A co-worker got the 4 cylinder and hates it. Says it is a slug.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,445 Posts
When comparing a V6 to an I4, the V6 will typically feel better. Only way to find out is to drive it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It depends on what he's comparing it to.

A family 4 door sedan? It's pretty quick.

A sports car? Yeah, it's slow as molasses.
I agree. I've spent some time with both engines. For a 4 door family sedan, the 4 cylinder is really enough for every day use. The 6 at times be considered overkill; however the smoothness in acceleration is nice. I do own the 6 cylinder XSE and there are times I wish I got the 4 ie. mpg.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree. I've spent some time with both engines. For a 4 door family sedan, the 4 cylinder is really enough for every day use. The 6 at times be considered overkill; however the smoothness in acceleration is nice. I do own the 6 cylinder XSE and there are times I wish I got the 4 ie. mpg.

Have you driven the Hybrid?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I came from a GEN three V6 Camry to a 2020 LE four cylinder. I was getting about 21 miles per gallon using premium fuel on the V6 versus 30+ using regular fuel on the 2020. It was probably a little more fun driving the V-6 but the four-cylinder is fine with me!

·
Registered
2014 Camry LE, 2020 Camry Hybrid LE
898 Posts
ok, are you saying thr hybrid will zip like the V6?
Clearly it sips.... but I bet it doesnt zip like the V6
I have never driven a Toyota Camry V6 but I am sure it is very quick. I have driven I-4 gas Camry and it was so so. However, a Camry Hybrid was fairly quick, which is the reason why I bought one. If I were to buy a V-6 Toyota sedan, I would by Lexus ES350 or Avalone.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The 4 cylinder Camry has evolved. Unlike the old days..

You tell me 1 car can beat the 2019 Toyota Camry XSE, Naturally Aspirated, can produce 206 hp, with an EPA rating of 38-39 MPG on highway.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I’d still say go with he XLE if you have the extra money to spend, the LE is basically kinda like a base model. So you’re comparing two very different trims. The XLE will benefit you a lot more a little later down the road if you plan on keeping it for a while. And also you have all the little goodies added on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts

You tell me 1 car can beat the 2019 Toyota Camry XSE, Naturally Aspirated, can produce 206 hp, with an EPA rating of 38-39 MPG on highway.
Ok, I tell you, another Toyota XSE going downhill. You're so right, a very awesome 4 banger and car. I love mine.

·
Registered
464 Posts

Any other 8th gen Camry, XSE or otherwise.

But yes it moves along fine, especially for a full-sized family sedan.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts