Toyota Nation Forum banner

141 - 160 of 427 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Installed my taillights today. Took me about an hour and a half. Pretty straightforward install. You reuse your turn signal and reverse bulbs and the new taillight does not need the side marker connection.

You do have to be careful to leave enough slack on the wires before the hinge going to the trunk lid. I wrapped mine in electrical tape and used cable zip ties for a neat install.

The quality is excellent and the LED illumination is dramatic compared to stock. Here are some pics...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Very nice, finally some good pictures showing how the brake lights work.... all of the red lights just get brighter. Turn signal seems kinda small.

I think I've asked this before, but how do the trunk lights get power for the red parking and brake lights? Since the stock setup is only reverse light there.
Yep. I guess to make the LED frame larger and more dramatic, they sacrificed the size of the turn and reverse windows. No biggie though....

There is an extension wire harness that goes from the right tailight to the trunk lid. This sends power to the red LED illumination on the right trunk lid piece. A shorter cable then daisy chains the piece on the left side.

·
Check Your Six.
262 Posts
Yeah the red version is growing on me but I'm just trying to see if the black one will go with magnetic gray.

Looking at different Gen7 MGM pictures on different lighting conditions, the black version did not look alright at all just by imagining it haha.

Still waiting for someone who has them on an MGM.

·
Basshead
99 Posts
Yeah nobody has posted pics with the smoked out LED taillights yet, right? I have a black gen 7 and would be curious to see what these looked like, but I am definitely not going for a cheaper look.

·
Just getting started...
1,473 Posts
I like these new style tail lights. Do the 3 spot leds come on while running as well or just during braking?

I cant decide between the red or all smoked. Is the red still a darker shade compared to the oem red?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pic time

Ok guys here are the brake/ no brake pics. Haven't been able to get a good video due to the bad rain down here. My rims come in 3 weeks (Moda MD17 18") still debating on changing my suspension. Want to change my exhaust to a flowmaster but not sure about how it will affect my gas mileage. Need help and ideas on what to do next. Any help is appreciate.lol... Had my brother help me out with the pics. Disreguard the faces he makes... bwaaaah ha ha ha ha

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
Ok guys here are the brake/ no brake pics. Haven't been able to get a good video due to the bad rain down here. My rims come in 3 weeks (Moda MD17 18") still debating on changing my suspension. Want to change my exhaust to a flowmaster but not sure about how it will affect my gas mileage. Need help and ideas on what to do next. Any help is appreciate.lol... Had my brother help me out with the pics. Disreguard the faces he makes... bwaaaah ha ha ha ha
Hahaha that's funny. Dude makes some pretty funny faces!!!

Hahaha he's jacked for real!!!

141 - 160 of 427 Posts
About this Discussion
426 Replies
75 Participants
c32used
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing