Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am new here, i have a 1997 v6 xle camry.. i wanted to know whats the cheapest route in putting 2000 to 2001 back lights on my camry.. i know the 2000 trunk fits a 1997 but the back lights on the side of the car are a little differnt, the 2000 to 2001's back lights are a little under a half inch taller, whats the best route in getting these to fit my car? thanks for the help :)

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
bondo :D :thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey grapefury i like ur car :) do you also think the chrome grill like urs will fit mine dude?

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
ya, they're more flush against the car, but is it worth the money? i'd personally do some interior mods, maybe even some small performance upgrades but thats just me.

but go for it man, i wanna see someone do that. see what creative steps need to be taken to do it.

·
Mr. A. Wong
634 Posts
Thanks for the compliment :)

Those shots are pics before I got my clear corners on, got to take new pics

the grill design for the gen4 and gen4.5 are also slightly different. From past threads, I believe it requires modification

·
Mitsubishi Diamante Owner
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
Sell you my 4.5 for 9k :p: Nah I think I'm really in love with my Camry.

As for the swap... it really won't be worth the trouble.

I think I heard someone say that the gen 4 grill isn't removeable without cutting :confused:... I don't know. I'd just work with what you have now.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
ya. gen 4 grille is integrated into the front bumper i believe.

·
yah ..... okay
USE20
383 Posts
yup yup
the grill is integrated onto the bumper, one piece all together.
You need to do come cutting, sanding etc in order to change the grill.

someone have done it before, is not extremely difficult, but if something screw up, you gotta replace the whole bumper lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a question, what if i just put on the 2000 trunk on my car and left the side lights the same?would that look alright? anyone good at photoshop? lol

·
On The Street
268 Posts
^
im with Big Body LX
it wont do cuz the shape and design. and also the way they light up. i think it will look rather odd.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
i put 2000 back lights on a 1997 with paint and left the side lights the same..... what do u guys think?

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
What does everyone have against the tails on the 97-99? I personally think they look better then the gen 4.5's. I do like how the front headlights are clear but imo they look too big.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts