Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Camry95 2Door
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 V6 LE 2 door camry, What I am doing is lowering the car with sprint springs at 1.8". Then the new struts are going to be KYB GR-2 non adjustable. I need advice on whether or not to get a camber kit from Eibach or another company. The car should sit 2" lowering once on the ground.

Can anyone lend me a hand.

Thank You,

Richard AKA 2DoorCamry

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
You won't need a camber kit. When you get it aligned at an alignment shop after you drop it (and you WILL have to), they'll be able to adjust the camber without any problems.

·
Registered
Camry95 2Door
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lowering Camry

Awsome thanks for the quick response.

What have you done to your camry and do you know any good places to shop for camry items at?

Thank You,

Richard AKA 2Doorcamry

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
^ :werd:

only I disagree with the HAVE to part....you SHOULD

but you don't have to

within the span of 3 years, I had my suspension changed 3 times- the first time, just springs, then second, the struts, and then the third time I did it myself and changed to even lower springs

never got an alignment until at least a year and a half after my last change, and none of my tires ever had any camber wear or any sort of uneven/irregular wear

·
Registered
169 Posts
wear from camber is actually fairly negligible.

Where the wear comes from is as the car is lowered along with camber depending on the way the suspension is designed the wheels tend to toe in or out -- that coupled with the tire being more on the inside edge causes the wear.

One can run pretty significant amounts of camber and get very minor tire wear wear if you just make sure the wheels are aligned get the toe set within factory specs and make your turns smooth..

I run about 2 degrees of negative camber on my Prelude and sicne the Toe is not set very agressivly I've been on the same set of tires (Toy T1-S) for 3 summer seasons (even with a couple track days on them)

·
Registered
Camry95 2Door
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lowering Camry

Know are you saying dont bother with a camber kit or get one?

Your camry is off the hook... The car just flows

Thank You,

Richard AKA 2doorcamry

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
2Doorcamry said:
Awsome thanks for the quick response.

What have you done to your camry and do you know any good places to shop for camry items at?

Thank You,

Richard AKA 2Doorcamry
I've done lots of stuff... Injen SRI, TRD exhaust, Tein S. Tech lowering springs, IS300 wheels, oem spoiler, oem fog lights, Sportivo front grill (last one ever made, imported from Australia), carbon fiber engine cover, trunk light CCFL conversion, OBX auto shifter w/ OD button, and other junk. :lol: As far as places to shop for Camry parts, you're out of luck, man. Almost everything has to be custom made... or a dealership aftermarket part... or an imported part from another country. The Camry is a limited-interest vehicle, so aftermarket companies aren't flocking by the masses to put parts out for us.

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,304 Posts
2Doorcamry said:
Know are you saying dont bother with a camber kit or get one?

Your camry is off the hook... The car just flows

Thank You,

Richard AKA 2doorcamry
No no, he was talking about getting aligned. He was agreeing with me about the camber kit. You won't need it. :)

·
Registered
Camry95 2Door
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lowering Camry

So simply tell the shop to align the car to as close as factory specs as possible?

Thank You,

Richard AKA 2Doorcamry

·
Registered
Camry95 2Door
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I have notice on the parts its not easy to get... My Camry is stock with MSR 105 17x7 wheels on Khumo 711 series tire on them.. I will be lowering the car and putting a front tower brace on, then the replacing the bumper lights to clear. But other then that i am look for a spoiler and someone to repaint the car.

·
Registered
Camry95 2Door
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lowering Camry

That offset with your car is crazy. That bumper where did you pick that up at? The paint job is that black and if so how deep is it and what is the cost on that.. I have the exact same car but mine is a stock V6. The tint on your car is how deep?

Thank You,

Richard AKA 2Doorcamry

·
Registered
169 Posts
UfoZ said:
Camber kits are just something ricers can waste their money on. A properly aligned suspension wont really need a camber kit.

That's totally inaccurate and a pretty ignorant comment to make..

It is possible to have too much camber.. in fact too much camber does all sorts of nasty stuff.. Camber kits are full necessary to create a properly aligned suspension.. but with the Camry a mild drop like 2" won't put it out of spec.. some of the guys running coilovers dropped 4 " will more than likely need significant camber correction just to get it to a "usable" angle..

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Camry
1,384 Posts
2Doorcamry said:
That offset with your car is crazy. That bumper where did you pick that up at? The paint job is that black and if so how deep is it and what is the cost on that.. I have the exact same car but mine is a stock V6. The tint on your car is how deep?

Thank You,

Richard AKA 2Doorcamry
He has a custom font bumper and his car isn't black, I believe it's Jaguar Racing Green. I don't know about the tint though.

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
and the wheels are 8" wide +35 offset at the rear =) with guard lipping to clear the tyres =)

·
Registered
Camry95 2Door
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2 Door Bodykit

I need a body kit for my 2 door camry 1995, Does anyone know of any good sites and dealers?

·
Gangsta SC400 & 5.7Tundra
3,836 Posts
^^ You should start up a new thread for people to help you out.... Mostly all kits out there are for the sedan and need to get the sidekirts worked on for the coupe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts